Thursday, April 29, 2004

Poetry in motion?

I have been agonizing the past two weeks trying to write a sonnet. The words are chosen ahead of time for us to use as the ones to rhyme, and it had to be abab cdcd efef gg preferably in Iambic Pentameter.

Do you know how long it has been since I have been in a poetry class? My sophomore year in High School 1961!!! Hell, most of you weren't even BORN yet!!

Joel over at Pax Nortona has started an auxillary blog called Bouts Rames. This is all about writting poetry and we were to write this sonnett and post it on our blogs and tell him we did so.

I have the abab done, but it is all in the wrong cadence, and I can not think of anything else to go with the theme and have it make sense. I have torn up more paper this week than I have in a long time. I finally told him I GIVE UP!!!

I wanted it to be about a cemetery, and here are the four lines that I have already, although now they are passe!

While walking through the local cemetery
I was struck by the old monuments.
I went closer and on my knees
I brushed the dirt away to read the rhyme.

Over several centuries each one still stood,
Watching over their contents,
While mold and rain and elements
took their toll through all this time.

blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah overturn
blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah balh blah blah blah burn

blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah balh blah blah blah masonry
blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah balh blah blah blah Memory

blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah balh blah blah blah enmity
blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah balh blah blah blah posterity

blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah balh blah blah blah room
blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah balh blah blah blah doom

blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah balh blah blah blah arise
blah blah balh blah blah blah blah
blah blah balh blah blah blah eyes.

Sucks huh? I so wanted to do this. Ah well, I guess Poetry is just not my forte. Sorry Joel!! I tried!!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ALMOST FORGOT MY ART WORK PICTURE TODAY!!!AL

I think this one is really cool. Wouldnt want it to rain though!



Bill, no fair pulling these vines out!!

No comments: