Wednesday, April 28, 2004

My Sissy Boy!

I’m Sitting here watching the Morning slip away. I was up until 230 this morning. Chitters had snuck out of the house sometime or another, and was on the neighbors roof. Now our houses are only 10 feet apart foundation to foundation, and much less when you take in the eaves. There is a 6’ wooden fence down the property line, and the neighbors roof is a low hanging older style wide eaved house. SO from top of fence to top of roof is only about 3 feet. An easy jump UP for a cat, but not so easy to jump DOWN from. There was really nothing for him to land on coming down. He also has a very quiet meow. He is my sissy boy!

I was laying on my stomach reading about 1230 and I heard a very faint meow. I thought he had gotten out, so I looked out the window, and he is staring at me from the roof next door. He evidentally was waiting for my light to come on, so he could see me. SO Out I trudge in my UGGS and PJ’s at midnight to extricate my cat from their roof without waking them up. I am whispering from my side of the fence for him to come down. Nope.

When he does this during the day, And the neighbors are at work, I take a board and run it from roof to fence and he gets down that way. Well that makes NOISE. Since they were asleep I did not want to wake them. So I go into the garage to find a board I could put catty wampus on the corner of the fences to make a platform for him to jump to. NOT!!

I left him there and went back to bed. MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!!! Ok, I know I am never going to get any sleep until he is either in the house or an owl carries him away.
So out I trudge again. NOT! Back inside, MEOW MEOW MEOW back outside, NOT. This went on with the meow getting louder each time. Finally at 200 I went out and he was finally ready to try it. It took him about 15 minutes half hanging off the roof and me encouraging him with whispers to get him to jump. Finally he did and the platform held but made a loud WHAP when he landed. Their bedroom light came on, so I grabbed the wood and the cat and ran back to my porch. Did not want to get shot for trespassing.

I crawled back in bed, and 5 minutes later grey tabby sissy boy is purring and loving his mommie! He actually slept with me all night long. He was so happy. MALES!!! ARRGGHHHHHH >:(

No comments: