Thursday, April 22, 2004

RED GREEN

I had this really fantastic post in my head as I sat down here, but then I turned on CBC and the Red Green show was on. THat man is sooooooooo twisted. ANd every sane thought in my head just went out the window. What is really sad about his show, is that it is soooo freakin' FUNNY!! Today he was recycling old 33's and using them to re-roof the house. "the best part is, you only need one nail, and when it wears out you can turn it over and use side B" And his Nephew Harold is such a DORK!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL God!! If you guys have never seen his show, let me or Leslie know, and we can tape it for you!! Im sure it has to be one of Carl's MUST WATCH! It usually isn't on at that time, but CBC is screwed up on it's scheduling because of the HOCKEY CUP PLAYOFFS!! Even my Favorite news the NATIONAL is on at a different time. (POUT)

One of the reasons I dont switch to the Satellite instead of this LAME DUMB Cable company (Millenium DIgital Media) is the fact that they do have CBUT out of Vancouver on it, so We can get some good tv once in awhile.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last night I could not sleep...AGAIN! I purposely did not take a nap, and I stayed up until 100 so I would sleep. WOke up at 330, and could not get back to sleep. I turned on the light and started reading Marths's latest mag. I heard wind beats out the window and wondered WHat that could be this late into the dark. I was thinking Bats. so I waited a few more minutes and then flicked off the light. I looked out at the feeder and there was a big shape on it. Reached for the Binoc's that I keep at the ready, and looked out at the shape. (Binocs gather all available light and make it easier to see things in the dark.)

THere right on my feeder was a medium sized owl. It was either a very rare spotted owl or a not as rare barred owl. The Spotted Owl is endangered and only nests in old growth timber which we have none of around here. All second or third growth firs and alders. I tend to think Barred Owl. The only difference is that the spots are more dots on spotted owls, and barred owls have a yellow bill. Which I could not see in the dark.

I laid there for 45 minutes watching this beautiful bird look around and around. He kept seeing the rats run up to the feeder, but either he knew they were fast or he just wasnt that hungry. when he spotted something his neck would pop up just like a jack in the box and his face would turn towards it, then his eyes would blink and I swear they popped out some. then he would resettle down, turn towards the window and look straight into my eyes. (well, the Binocular's eyes) My neck was getting cramped but I was afraid to move for fear of scaring him away. What was really cool about this whole episode was that there was a small rabbit sitting right UNDER the feeder platform not.even.breathing.

Finally about 45 minutes later he lifted his wings, and flew off with out a single noise being made. THat rabbit exhaled so loudly..........

No comments: