Sunday, April 25, 2004

Awake now?

Just thought I'd throw in that one so that you wont think I am slacking...I have just been very very busy do things that needed to be done. Washing dishes, weeding garden, washing clothes, buying gas, shopping at ALbertson's scrapbooking, and going out last night.

We went to a restaurant right on the water in Anacortes which is the departing point for the ferry to the San Juan Islands. There were about 25 people there, and the food was really good. But man was it expensive!! I had grilled oysters because that was the cheapest thing on the menu and besides, I love oysters!! it was 19.95 !! yow!!

After dinner we went to see Hello DOlly! Oh it was fantastic!!! I had only seen the Barbra Streisand movie versin, and I thought it was just ok. I do NOT like Carol Channing, so I never saw it on stage either until last night. THe voices were wonderful and the staging was marvelous. The characters all were so well done, and of course we all went just to show Gaye our support. She was moved!!

We have a much better facility but they have a better repitoire of actors to draw from. THey actually had MEN in their play!!! what a concept. This is the Theater that Berl Ives helped start and supported until his death. He lived there in Anacortes in his last years, overlooking the Ferry landing. Our one claim to fame.

It is so beautiful outside right now, so I think I will cut this really short and move to the deck. I need a port out there so I can plug into my laptop and keep blogging away. Will one of you get me that for my birthday? Mothers Day?
ok then FINE!!!

No comments: