Friday, April 23, 2004

Harry's back too!!

I have wondered where the Hairy Woodpeckers were this year. I have seen the DOwny male (Mort) but not the Hairy (Harry) male.

I got up extra early today because Sadie had to pee....BAD....uh-uh-uh=uh-uh, scratch scratch scratch! So I got up let her out, let her back in, and we laid back down to catch a few more winks. By this time it was pushing 745, so I made a pot of coffee and started in on the computer.

I heard a PIK! PIK! PIK! and then a rattta-tatta-ttatta!! I looked out at the deck and there was Harry!He was chowing down on the big block of suet and peanuts that I have hanging on the deck. He'd grab a beak full then kump over to the uprights on the deck and hammer that puppy into the hole he drilled. I did put the poles and the cross bars up there for the bird feeders, but I never figured they'd EAT it too! It is nice to know that both Mort and Harry are back in the neighborhood.

I also have a pair of finches that are ORANGE splotched! THey are with the regular house finches, but where those are red, these are orange. There is a yellow variant house finch, and I think that is what these dudes are. I saw one last year, but this year there are at tleast two of them. COOL!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I took Sadie in for a haircut and then I went over to Bob's to see how his Babies are doing. He bought 12 chicks about a month ago, and has yet to build the chicken coop to put them in. Guess where they live? In his house! Now this house is 16' X 24 feet and that is ALL!!! great room, bath, kitchen and a loft bedroom and that is IT! No furniture he sits on piles of whatever. And that is where he has the "girls"!! They already have feathers and are half grown, and still live in his living room! THey are flying already and are escaping their box, so I told him that one morning he is gonna wake up and open his eyes to see his GIRLS roosting on the railing of his Loft saying GET UP MOMMIE AND FEED US!

AND STINK? WHOO-WHO!!!!!

No comments: