Sunday, April 18, 2004

Joel over at Pax Nortona asked us to pass on a meme...

pick up the closest book
turn to page 23
find the fifth sentence and then post that in your blog so since I am a good girl and always follow instructions, here it is:

my closest book is POLITE SOCIETY AT HOME AND ABROAD by Mrs. Annie R. White published by Monarch Book Company 1891

"A Father should never utter an immoral thought or a profane word in the home circle."

I found this book in some of my Father's books as I was going through them to clear out my garage. I kept it, because it is so interesting to read. It is all about Home Matters and how young ladies and young Gentlemen should act when in each others company or visiting each other at home.

LOLOL I just turned to the section A FEW WORDS TO THE CHILDREN>

Many Children form habits which are not nice, such as spitting on the floor, scratching the head, stretching themselves out upon a chair, yawning etc. All such habits are exceedingly low-bred, and are avoided by the child who aims to acquire good manners.

LOLOLOLOLOL Yeah right! I can just see telling my SOn to get his feet off the couch, and then off the coffee table, and then off the wall, etc. He was 6'5 at age 16 and never fit anywhere. he lolled all over the place. SO did DOnna. eh, so did I for that matter. Ill-bred, that must be us.

I will have to read the rest of this book. It goes into when to use calling cards, how many to use, when to call on a friend, how to fold the corner over on the card, where to leave it etc. Cool.

I have been trying to get an essay out for almost a week now, but it just sits there in my head and wont come out. I even have the pictures to go with it. Maybe tomorrow.

Bpb turned over the soil in my garden this weekend, BLESS HIS HEART, and I went and got some starter petunias to plant. I am hoping to get them into the ground tomorrow. My big dilema though is how to keep Sadie bin Laden out of the garden. She seems to think that if Bob can dig, so can she. Bob does not come into the house with mudpies on his feet though...she does. I have to plug up the hole where the rabbits are coming under the fence. I noticed last night one of them had stopped at the petunias flat and was nibbling. ARRRGHHHH... not on MY TOONIES!!!!

Bea LOVES toonie blossoms. I will pick two or three and give them to her and she thinks they are Bunny Bon-Bons. that's ok for Bea but not for the wild ones!!! I will have to have Colin fron The Heartland to come over with his shotgun. He is getting really good at picking them off as they try to destroy his garden. (JUST KIDDING, LESLIE)

I am going to make this a short night as last night was so long with the showing and helping Kat clean up after and so forth. So I will see you tomorrow!!



No comments: