Saturday, April 17, 2004

She's BAAAAAAAACK!

Lola not Sal was back at the feeder this morning. She is not as skittery as SAl is. You know those scardey cat Males!!! I woke up with Loki doing a tap dance with his back feet right on my head! He was looking out the window and chattering, so I dumped him off and peeked over the window sill and Lola was there, along with TWO huge band-tailed pigeons! I am hoping that they will become regulars. I started out with only one Dove, now I have a flock of about 30 that feed regularly at my feeders.

I have not seen the Black-headed Grosbeaks yet this year, seems like they are rather late! last year they were everywhere, but so far nothing this year! And the woodpeckers are scarce too. WOnder what is so different about this year compared to last year? Or maybe it was last year that was unique.

One of the things I do not like about the bird books that I have is that they do not go into where these birds migrate from, and when. I would like to know where they go, and what their journey is like. What prompts them to migrate? what causes them to return? That is being studied I know, but I would really like to understand them a little better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to see the play "See How They Run" last night. It is a British Farce and funny!!!! I was not involved in any part of this play, and it felt really weird just being a member of the audience. I am anxious to get started on next season. We should start rehearsals for LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS in July. I am just Producing this one, and Producing "TEN LITTLE INDIANS" in March, and asst Directing "A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM".
I May get a Director job season after next! (THE SLIMY BITCH) >:-(

I came home and Donna was on the computer, and I was really tired so I did not get to post yesterday. I took my homework and headed for bed. I am trying to write a sonnett. Joel over at Pax Nortona has started another blog for poets, and he gives an assignment every two weeks. THis one is a bitch...a sonnett using the words he has given and rhyming ababcdcdefefgg preferably in Iambec Pentameter! PHHHFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!!!! yeah right!! here are his words for us to use

a monuments contents
b rhyme time
c overturn burn
d masonry memory
e enmity posterity
f room doom
g arise eyes

SO it should be monuments, rhyme
contents , time

overturn, masonry
burn, memory etc...

I have abab and Now I am stuck....I have until May to finish this, but some of his readers knock them right out the same day. Not me. I can write, I cant rhyme!!

Off to blogwalk....ya'll better be home.

No comments: