Saturday, December 27, 2003

Winding down...

I woke up this morning and it was pitch dark out. It should have been it was only 5AM so I got up, went to the bathroom, and went back to sleep...for an hour, and did it all over again. I finally got out of bed and made a pot of coffee at 645. I sat here in front of the computer watching the morning lighten up. But not by much. It is really dark and dreary out there. It is cold. and it is misting out there. Even Sadie did not want to go out there. THe doves were all fluffed out and hanging onto the trees like last falls leaves. THey too were cold and not wanting to move.

We are expecting snow this afternoon. We won't get it, but the weather reports are predicting it. I want a good deep dump of snow. I have an icebox full of food, and plenty of water and wood, so it can come anytime.

This is the type of day that I would like to spend in front of a warm crackling fire, with a really good book. unfortunately I don't have a good book. I've read them all. After the first of the year, I plan on hitting Barnes and Noble and stockiing up again. I need to find the rest of the Sue Grafton Books. I have read through "I" and need to get through "Q". I also need to see if Barbara Delinsky has any new ones in the works. I read about 1-2 books a week, and right now I am into Female Sleuths! I have read all of Diane Mott Davidson's Catering series. I have read all of JA Jance's JP Beaumont and Joanna Brady books, and I have caught up with all of the Catherine Coulter FBI books. I have read all of Dana Stabenow's Kate Shugak mysteries and all of Nora Roberts. Sandra Browns new one has been devoured. SIGH!!! Gotta find a new series to hold my interest. I was for a long while, reading Historical Romances, but then they got too far into bodice rippers, and I want SUBSTANCE too.

Any body got any good suggestions?

No comments: