Tuesday, December 30, 2003

BRRRR

It is really cold out there today. I should know, I was running all over the back yard BAREFOOTED! yep. no slippers no socks, barefeet. NUMB barefeet.

I had let Sadie out to pee, and after an hour of blogging I heard her whimpering...so I went to let her in. I stuck my head out the door and called her and she didnt come. I caled again, and heard her yelp. Then I saw her struggling in the middle of the back yard. She had a new choker collar on, and it had hooked onto a nail on Mariahs old rotten doghouse, and she was dragging the bottom of the house all over the yard. I saw that and ran out, fast. Scared that she would hurt herself. I was half way out when it dawned on me that OH SHIT THE DECK IS SLICK AGAIN!!! frozen!!! I caught myself before I fell, made it down the three stairs and ran across the frozen grass and ice that was out there. Caught her, unhooked her and off she goes!! I ran back into the house after her to make sure she was not hurt, and that is when I realized I had no shoes or socks on.

When I got in, I hobbled to the sofa and she jumped on me. Once I saw that she was ok, and had taken the collar off, I looked at me feet. Covered with frozen ice. I got to the bedroom and stuck my feet in lukewarm water to thaw them out, dried them off and put on some socks. They are much better right now, but since I am a diabetic, I really need to watch my feet. They get really cold, then really hot, then they start tingling. doing stupid things like this does not help. I really need to get in a habit of wearing slippers or shoes. I hate shoes!! I kick mine off as soon as I get home.

Snow is predicted for the next two days. I'll believe it when I see it. I could really use some right now!!

Donna made it safely across the Cascades, just between closures on I-90!! but she left Bandit in Ellensburg!!! Now I really have my work cut out for me. He would take Sadie out to pee, Now I have to catch her to put her out.

Well I better get off my arse and start setting my light cues. I have a crew coming in on Sat and Sun to finish the set, and get the gels changed in the Fresnel lens. Got lots to do. Bye...

No comments: