Thursday, December 11, 2003

I have been all over the world tonight, reading blogs. I went to Japan and read where Robert had fired up his trusty woodstove for the first time this year, and how comforting it is. I also went to Scotland and Colin was talking about being so busy getting ready for Christmas. I went to SOuth Africa and Michelle told me I WON!!!! I am her 1000th commentor in her blog! I went to Missouri, and to Lousiana and to Michigan and Texas and to Alabama and Arkansas and COlorado and ALaska, even stopped by Canada and saw that Leslie and Carl are home safely. Everybody is either reflecting, or puking! I prefer reflecting. Seeing some of these people pouring their souls out in agony, and watching others just remembering childhood magic. Others are contemplating quitting blogging, because of bad press or because they don't feel they are good enough for the blogsphere.

All are friends, and all of these people are part of what I enjoy about blogging. I don't write for other people, I write for me. I started this to cronicle my retirement, and found a wealth of friendship and encouragement. That is what blogging is all about. I have Gardeners, and psychologists and ex-patriots, and patriots and grouchey old Cripples and librarians and military people and nurses and all sorts of interests out there. I care for all of them. SOme of them go WAAAAYYYYY out there in their rants, but even those I like. Diversity is what the world is all about.

I am not stupid enough to think that every word written is really true, but I do think that most of the people I meet each day are real. Real honest hard working, caring people. People I care about.

I hope that those that are thinking about quitting would reconsider. The bad boys will be gone soon, and those of you that are just tired will be rested after Christmas. I enjoy all the places I go and all the friends I meet. I would hate to lose any of you right now. Well maybe just one...good bye FRANK....

No comments: