Saturday, December 20, 2003

Mom Getting into the Spirit...

I woke up this morning knowing that I had to finish decorating and cleaning or It would not get done at all. I sat here for an hour reading blogs, still not in the spirit, still in my sweats and pj top. I knew I had to do something, SO I warned the Daughter, (who HATES noise of any kind on her day off) that I was gonna be making noise. I dragged out all the hokey CHristmas Albums, you know, John Denver at Christmas, John Denver with the Muppets, Neil DIamond Christmas, etc. and turned them on..NOt real loud, but enough so that I can hear them where ever I am. I started singing along with them, and thought Wel lets get the lights around the windows like you always wanted to do. SO I pulled out the white lights and started tacking them around the window sill. Lint then proceeds to jump up on the sill, and since he is very old and arthritic, he missed and grabbed on to the curtain and pulled the rod and all the lights down right on top of him. SHIT!!

Noe Sadie is in the frey...She wants to chase Lint who is still tangled. I try to grab the lights, and twinsted my sore shulder so I let out another SHIT YOU FUCKING BASTARDS! right into the neighbors ear. I had the window cracked open, and Lea was standing right there on her side of the fence which is only about 5 feet from the window. SHe laughs and wonders what I am "SHIT"ting at.

Got the curtain back up and the lights back up and thought I needed a little break. I came in here and laying right where I put them last year are my gold star deelie bobbers. YEP THAT WILL DO IT!! Plopped those puppies on top of my head and started in again. It worked. I now have the SPIRIT.

My Daughter of course being only the sad young age of 36 thinks her mother is a freak. "Mom. THey're gonna lock you up real soon!" and proceeded to take a picture of me to prove I am loonie!! Now do you see anything wrong with this?
It is after all December 20, only 5 more days until Christmas and I have tons to do. works for me...



Remember ya'll, no makeup, saturday afternoon, sweats. 'K?

No comments: