Wednesday, December 31, 2003

snowflakes that stay on your nose and eyelashes...

Yes it fianlly snowed, but not much! They were predicting 3-5 inches, so I cancelled rehearsal, and just drove into town to get some fire starters and del-logs and bird seed. I live up about 200 feet from sea level, and the road was really covered, and icy, but by the time i hit the road along the water it was just slush. I drove in four wheel low just to see what it would do. I have had the car for almost 5 years and never had to use my 4 wheel drive. Putting it into 4 wheel low allows you to drive up to 60 MPH, not that I would, mind you, but some idiots would. It did give me more traction, but braking was a hoot. I have ABS braking so I knew not to pumb the brakes like I used to do, just steady pressure. thump thumpthumpthump thump. But I stopped.

There isnt even enough to make the trees all white. Just enough to cover the ice and make the roads a real mess. Sadie is like a little kid in it. She runs out, and plays with it and bites at it and tosses it over her head. Really lots of fun to watch.

I got the fire going good and the new fan Bob got me for christmas is putting the heat all over the room. So we are all nice and toasty. Donna made it home safely about 1000pm so I can quit worrying now. I turned on my scanner, but it had become unplugged from the wall and the battery was drained, so I lost all of my emergency frequencies. So I have to go re-program it. It really helps on nights like this, by listening to the sherrifs deputies you can tell what is happening in the county. ALso being from a family of firefighters, you need to know where your loved ones are fighting fires. (I heard my son talking to his chief from inside an attic of a fully involved house. He was on the next island over, and that had me going for the evening, that was several years ago) I hope I have the right listings. I feel totally lost without my scanner.

The weather report says we should get more snow tomorrow and through the weekend, but I tend to doubt it. We hardly ever get snow.

Hey Everybody Don't forget CJ's birthday is Jan 1, !! I just put a card in the mail to her. She needs all the good wishes we can muster.

It is bedtime, and I dont have to be ANYWHERE tomorrow so I may not even get dressed. Just slug all day. Oh wait...its New Years Eve. That means Bob will be over and I will get my Yearly Smooch. 1 per year! that;s all, and just a smooch. I gotta find a different guy...ANYBODY OUT THERE LIKE OLD FAT WOMEN???

No comments: