Saturday, December 06, 2003

I think I will.....

I was planning to post this picture today and last night I saw one just like it on Leslie's site. Leslie said to post it anyway so I will...It is a great picture.



The other Night as I drove into rehearsal, I noticed CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!! Everywhere!! I actually was shocked!! I found it hard to believe that Christmas was almost here! I really was dumb-founded! REALLY!! For so many years, I have been dealing with Christmas starting with the setting of TOYLAND in July for an August opening. THen there were tons of TOy Layaways to deal with then it was right into setting up the Trim a tree shop and putting out the Christmas Giftware, then the softlines special apparel, and then the mad push to get out all of the cards and the wrap, the Christmas Linens, then move it all front and forward, and watch it as it sells to make sure it was still fresh looking, then the mad dash after Thanksgiving...It was a 6 month madhouse, but I was aware of CHRISTMAS. This year, for the first time in my grown up life I did not realize that it was that close!

That got me thinking...about getting ready, about shopping, (with no money) about decorating, about getting festive. I am going to start this weekend, by putting up the lights. Then tomorrow I will go into the woods and gather greens to line the railings with. Find a piece of plywood to balance the tree on the coffeetable with. (I have to Sadie-proof it) I always have a floor to ceiling tree. I swore that I always would and I have, through two toddlers, and MANY kittens, I have managed to keep a floor to ceiling tree. This year I don't DARE! I know what would happen. Sadie would be under it after one of the cats, probably Loki, and she would take off and get tangled in the lights, and pull EVERYTHING off the tree, then the tree would fall, and I would Yell, and cry, and throw a fit. So Prudence being the better point of valor, (or something like that) I opted for a smaller tree. A 4' square of plywood on top of the coffe table up against the wall with a 4' tree on it.

My daughter even came home and told me that I have to bake cookies for her to take to work! Hell I didn't even take cookies to MY work! So I drug out the cookie books and the recipe box, and now I need to go buy the ingredients to make all of this. Then I have to take a picture of it and send the recipe and the pic to Kimmotion for her cookie exchange. Is this how real people live? Cramming Christmas into just 1 or 2 months? How do you DO it?

I am even going to send out REAL Christmas cards!! I have not done that in YEARS!! I only got addresses from four of you so Brenda, Wanda,CJ and Leslie get cards, but I guess the rest of you don't becasue you did not send me your address. (dreamer(at)galaxynet(dot)com) ( my daughter said that is how to stop spam. so take the at and dot and put the real thingies in and there you go.) If you would like a card, otherwise....NADA!!

It is a gorgeous morning today. THe rain has stopped and the we are having sun-breaks, the clouds are spotty, and the wind is slight. and FRESH. THe birds are begging for more sunflower seeds. For the first time this year, I have left the Niger feeder out, and full , and I have GOLDFINCHES at it. I thought they all left for the winter, but obviously not. THey do chance color though, and are quit muted in their coloring. I have the feeder hanging right in front of the office window, and the birds have gotten used to eating with 4 cat noses plastered on the window less than a foot from where they eat. Occaisionally one of them will get spooked, but most of them are just taunting the cats.

The doves are all lined up on the fence top with their feathers all fluffed up, just waiting for their food. The winds yesterday , blew all the seeds onto the ground. So I guess I had better get dressed and go feed them. Then I need to get this house ready for CHRISTMAS!!! Whoo-hoo!!!

No comments: