Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Monster in The Woods...

Every Year I set up My Christmas Tree and since the kids left home it is just me, so not much was under the tree. This is when I decided to start collecting Dept 56 Village pieces. I had always wanted them but could not afford them. I put the few pieces I had on a sheet under the tree, and plugged them in. It was beautiful. Small, but beautiful. I got my camera out to take pictures of the village for posterity, and in reviewing the pictures on the computer I noticed Loki peeking through the branches of the tree. He slept under the tree around the base of it every night, and I had not seen that he was there when I snapped the picture. It reminds me of a big monster lurking in the trees. I use this as a desktop every Christmas. I just love it. Sometimes Happy accidents bring the most joy...




With the new addition I am not sure I will be putting the village under the tree this year, probably on top of the antique dresser. I would not want puppy to end up breaking it.

No comments: