Friday, January 28, 2005

SUNSHINE on my shoulder...

I woke up this morning around 8:00 and just laid there, luxuriating in the fact that I was warm except for my face, and I did not hurt ANYWHERE! I blew my breath out and saw it, so I knew it was cold out there. Soon I heard the birds at the feeder, and at that same time Loki went up over the top of my head to get them also. SMACK right into the glass on the window. You think he would LEARN wouldn't you? The birds have, they know they are safe.

I stayed and watched my breath and the birds for about 15 minutes, and then right over the hill to the South the sun popped over the trees and hit my face and my shoulder. It felt wonderful! We have not seen the sun in quite awhile. I got up to let Sadie out, and fix a cup of coffee, turn on the puter and blogwalk. I looked out and just as the sun came over the top of the stand of alders behind MY house, the fog formed. RIGHT THERE in front of my eyes it formed! Such a sight, clear and warm one minute and getting cloudier and cloudier the next. The wisps were coming off the roofs and the streets and the cold ground, and forming into a cloud right in my own back yard.

That was it for the sun for the rest of the day. Wednesday the weather forecast was for sunshine and partly cloudy for the next 10 days. Well screw that. I was ready to watch the weather hit 55 then paint the porch. Guess I had better just wait until spring is really here. If I push it the paint would just peel off and I would have to do it all over again.

I have learned that If I get up too early and do my blogwalk, most of you have not posted yet. I also know that if I wait too long, then haloscan or blogger is down, and I get frustrated. So I will start waking up with the sun, drink a cup of coffee and then blogwalk.

I turned on the computer this morning and the first thing I saw after my page popped up was jilliebean! I stopped, gasped and my first thought was somebody was playing a joke on me, or had used this name too. And then I realized that it was Jill!

I worked for Jill's Dad for many years, from the time Jill was a brand spanking new baby until I had to move on to Bangor, and then Adak. I also worked again for him when I came back to Whidbey until he retired.

Jill's Mom then worked for ME for several years. Jill has always had a special place with me, as I was a Quasi-Auntie, and friend. She is now over seas. Her Mom moved to Spain right after I retired, and now is the Branch Exchange Manager in Moron, Spain. Jill met an air force Man and id now living in Belgium. She may be starting her own blog really soon, so be sure you all welcome her when she does come aboard. She is 19 whoops maybe 20 now. Oh MIGAWD! I think I missed her Birthday!!!
It is Jill's Mom that got me involved with the WHidbey Playhouse.

I got word last night that I will be directing the first play of the season in September. Blithe Spirit. A dark comedy by Noel coward. It is not one I had planned on, but they asked, I jumped. What this may mean though is I may have to give up asst director for A Funny Thing Happened On the Way TO the Forum, in June, but I really wanted to do that one, as it is a musical, and I wanted to learn how Rusty did things. I will take a look at my calendar and see what if anything I have to give up. I live for the playhouse, and it is all I have to do, but maybe I need to pull back some. NAHHHH!!

We Start Ten Little Indians Next weekend. Everything is ready for that, and auditions will be Monday and Tuesday. That will be an easy one. I am just Producing that. Then Forum, then Blithe Spirit. Gonna keep me out of trouble for sure, now if I could only find something to get the weight off.......

No comments: