Thursday, January 13, 2005

I have DISH!!!

Whoo-hoo!! Finally, after a two month fight, I have Dish network. 180 channels of information and music to enrich my soul! (ok, ok it is mind candy awright?) The man in the Executive office said they would be here between 12-5 so I ran over to feed Punkin and ran back. She was sleeping, so I gave her a few pets, opened the can, gave her a clean dish(spoiled cat!) filled her water glass, scooped her catbox and ran back here to dustmop before noon. Just as I was shaking the dust mop out the door, at 930, up the DISH man drives! Thank GOD I was home! Id hate to have to wait another 2 months.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it!! I only have DVR (like Tivo) on one of the TV's, but that is just fine. Now I get to see what the FOOD network is like, and NASA channel, and Animal Planet, and History channel, and National Geographic, and the Weather Channel. All of these come on the basic cable in Oak Harbor, but not on the shit-for-cable-millennium Digital Media that we have out in the boonies!

We are expecting it to be the coldest night of the year tonight. I wonder what it will get to, as It got down to 18 two weeks ago. THe sky is crystal clear right overhead, but on the Convergence zone, it is cloudy and spitting snow. I am hoping to get a good look at some aroras tonight as 2 days ago the Sun send off an incredible flare/burst/spaceship something, that it has not ever done before. I am so enthralled with the natural sciences, and astronomy and geology are my utmost favorites. I promise though that if I go out at night to look up I will look down first and throw kitty litter down on the ice. No more last year antics for us!!

I have been printing out my blog every month and putting it into a 3 ring binder. I ca not tell you how handy that has been. In my scrapbooking, I can go back and pull out a posting and find the date then go on find it and print it out as journaling. It has really saved time, and it is fun flipping through the past 2 years. (almost) I did find that I posted more in 2004 than I did in 2005. See what happens when you get me started? Oh man look out in 2005...

No comments: