Thursday, January 27, 2005

Live on the edge...Gwan do it!




This picture reminds me so much of my sister. When she was little, she was ALWAYS in trouble. She either was causing trouble, finding trouble or just plain was IN trouble. She never did anything REALLY wrong, Just always lived life on the edge. I remember the day she told me that she crawled on the water pipe that ran under the Deception Pass Bridge. THAT WILL KILL YOU thinks I, And she didn't seem phased. The Bridge is over 100 feet above very swift running cold water and the Pipe was about 2' in diameter hanging underneath the bridge. She was soooooo Lucky. If she had fallen, she would be dead.

I also remember the night that her and a girl friend set fire to the homecoming bonfire, the day BEFORE the game. Got in trouble for that one too.

When she was younger, my Dad would say she would just twitch and try not to do something and then, Boom Do it.

Phyllis has no regrets though, she has lived her life as she wanted to, and has never been afraid to take a chance. She will be rocking in a rocking chair in her old age, giggling and saying yep! I did that! I will be sitting beside her shaking my head.

Live life to the fullest, and don't be afraid of the wild ride. She loves the saying, "when I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my Grandfather did, and not screaming in fright like his passengers."

Jeez...

No comments: