Sunday, November 14, 2004

Stormy Weather

I had to set my alarm for the first time in MONTHS. I had to get Sadie-Bug into the groomer first thing this morning, and after yesterday's workout, I was afraid I would oversleep.

I woke up at 500, 600, 700, 715, 730, 750, and finally at 800 when the alarm went off and scared the crap out of me. I layed there luxuriating in the Cool Fall wind blowing in the window. It smelled so Earthy. THe smell of rotting leaves, and wet roofs, and the scent of sea air, mixed with the smell of the paper mill across the water. It sounds awful doesn't it? It wasn't. I love that smell, and when it is smattered with rain blowing in on your face It is really heavenly. Nothing better than that and an Electric Blanket to keep your tootsies warm.

I got Sadie up and put her out to pottie, but she sure wasn't ready to wake up. It was just that kind of morning. Snuggle in and sleep the day away. I would've loved to, but I have tons of things to do yet today.

On the way to the Buffallo lady's Farm, (the groomer raises Buffalo, so that's what she is called) CandleWick, I had to go down the highway, around the end of Penn COve in San de Fuca, where the water is right at the road side. The wind was blowing in from the SW and the Tide was high, so the salt spray blew right onto the car. That usually isnt so bad, because it is usually accompanied by tons of rain. Not today. So the washers got a work out trying to get all the salt off the windsheild.

Sadie knew as soon as I turned off the highway and she saw the buffalo where she was going. SHE HATES the groomer. so she cowered down in the back as if to say "I'm hiding, you cant see me." Didn't work.

On the way back home, I drove the back way through the fields and along the water on the Sound side. (narrow Island) I noticed that there were the winter flocls of birds already forming. THe chickadees, juncos, sparrows, and finches all flock together and I dont know why, protection?

They were soaring, turning and then diving all in unison all over the fields. It was quite an aerial display. I do enjoy watching the birds. THey are so free.

I stopped and got milk and bread and there was an old man in there trying to buy a paper. The Seattle TImes box out front was empty and he wanted a Sunday paper. THe clerk was trying to tell him that the Paper was delivered by the Carrier, and not filled by the store, but he just did not understand. Finally he asked where the other paper boxes were, and we gave him directions to the post office and he toddled on his way. He was driving a big pink BOAT of a car, a 1970's crysler I think. PINK!!

Now I am sitting here waiting for 100 until I go to the Playhouse and hope and pray that my cry for help was heard and someone will be there to climb the ladders for me and aim the lights. I do not do ladders. Not with my sense of balance. (NONE) I can barely stand on one foot on the flat ground, much less up a ladder. a tall ladder! a 12foot ladder! NOT!

I have most of the Great room done now, And only one more major wall to paint. But that involves moving the 3 piece wall unit with all the china in it, and the electronics on it, about 4 feet out so I can get behind it and paint. There is a thought that I could just paint the 1 foot that shows above the unit and the 3 inches on the side, but then I would know I was cheating. SO tomorrow's chore is that. Bob was over yesterday and got the baseboards up on the walls I had finished. Oh KB, it does make a difference. the walls are a pale yellow, and the baseboard are white. LOVE IT!!!

DOnna has talked me into painting the wall with the Woodstove and closets on it, a terra cotta, so we will try that. I can always change it if I dont like it. I think it would set off the rest of the room nicely.

Gonna be a busy week, finishing up the house, and getting the lights set for INSPECTING CAROL, so I'll be popping in and out, but probably not posting too much. Ya'll have a nice week.

**********************************************************************************

UPDATE:

I just got word from Tricia Bill's wife
That Bill's Dad passed away this morning. I know his mother was Ill, but I did not know his father was also. I know this is very hard on Bill, so stop over and give him some support. He will be away for awhile, but he'll see it when he gets back.

No comments: