Friday, November 26, 2004

And a good time was had by all

I got up at 700 to watch the Today show, and the Macy's Parade in New York. My Daughter kept looking asconce ( is that a word) at me, because I LOVE me some PARADES!!!! I jumped up during the commercials and finished sweeping the floor.

I now know why I leave my house messy. When it is clean, the least little bit of fuzz shows up. I kept the dust mop handy all day. I put the Turkey in the oven at noon, and settled in to watch the Annual DOg Show. Dinner was scheduled for 4:00

The annual FEAST went down beautifully! My Brother Mike, his wife Sherry and their son Galen (Scotty) came from 3 blocks away. My Sister came from 7 miles away, and Bob came from 11 miles away.

Tim, My Son who lives two islands up, Did NOT make it and my Daughter Donna had to go see her Husband and his family and his Mother who just had a hip replacement a few days ago.

But the 6 cats, one dog, 1 rabbit a Fish and the 6 of us humans feasted well.


The Brett's

Phyllis was not feeling well, but she put on a good front, and brought a spiral ham, a sweet potato casserole, and the cranberry relish.


Phyllis and Sherry

one of the highlights of the day for Bob and Mike was playing with my christmas present from last year...a fan for the woodstove. (Bob is so freaking PRACTICAL!)


Bob and Mike PLAYING

Mike was not sure how it worked, since it only runs on heat, so they grabbed, kicked all the pots off the cook stove (too hot for a wood fire) and turned on the burner. Then they set the fan on the hot burner until it started generating enough electricity or heat power or what ever to make it spin.


The toy

Other than the fact that I got this as my one and only gift from Bob last year, (bastard :( ) it is a great item. COsts about 35.00 and you just set it on the top of the woodstove, and when it heats up, it causes (magic to me) the blades to spin. You set it on the back of the stove, and it blows all the heat out into the room. It really does work, and helps the flow of the air.

I fixed the Turkey, rolls, mashed potatoes, and two gravies, one with eggs and giblets in a white sauce, and the turkey gravy. Sherry brought the pies and a pumpkin cheesecake.

Needless to say, there was waaaaaayyyyyy too much food. There alwyas is. I think next year, I am going to go for a 10 # Turkey, along with Phyllis' Ham. THat way there will be just a few left overs. Nothing like eating Turkey dinner for a week...



No comments: