Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Wednesday Blahs

DOnt you just HATE coming up with titles? I know, I know I can get rid of it, but it helps me realize what I posted about.

Have any of you used one of those excersise balls? I saw one on Oprah today, and it actually looked like fun! Sposed to help your back. I know I would get one, and slip off the damn thing, and lay there on the floor yelling for help while the cats slept on top of me, (because that is what the do when I am Prone) and Sadie licking my face. I just might check in to one though, and keep the phone in my pocket!!!

I have a craving for CHOCOLATE today, and have none in the house. That reminded me of a recipe that DOnna sent me years ago. you have got to try it! It is OH SO GOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!


Alfred's Chocolate Orgasm Cake

2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
12 oz of Ghiradelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (Chopped fine in a food processor)
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups of sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of Hershey's Cocoa
1 bundt cake pan


1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. meanwhile, oil and flour the bundt pan or use Baker's Joy Flour spray.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using either a mixer set on medium speed or a wire whisk, beat together the butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla. Then reduce the speed of the beating to low and beat in the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour.
4. Whisk in the chopped chocolate and blend thoroughly.
5. Pour the batter into the bundt pan and place in the center of the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Transfer to a rack and cool in pan for 15 minutes, then invert cake on to rack to cool completely.


Alfred's Chocolate Orgasm Glaze


2 cups of heavy cream
1/2 pound Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate pieces

Combine the cream and chocolate in a medium size nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the chocolate is completly melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and stir to cool, lifting the mixture out of the pot several times with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until it cools slightly. It should be glossy and slightly thick. This is the tempering process.
Spoon the mixture over the top of the chilled cake, allowing the overflow to drip over and down...the sides. Cool slightly. Enjoy feeding each creamy mouthful of cake to your worthiest lover.

No comments: