Wednesday, August 04, 2004

All is Well, Safe thee rest...

Whew! I got up at 700 with Donna yelling at the kitten to hush. In case I did not mention it, I am cat sitting two kitties for a friend who is on leave. Last Nov. Her Husband of 50 years died of altzheimers, and the very next week, her Himalayan cat of 17 years died. Dottie was devastated but knew she could not get any more cats until she was through traveling all over the country to see her kids. She had been stuck on this Island because of her husband, so now she is making up for lost time and seeing her kids' kids.

Last week on the WAIF web site, there was a 2 year old kitty a Siamese, and I immediately thought of Dottie. I told her and she said she had seen her, but she was going to go see her son and just couldn't take her. So I volunteered to keep her until she got back. Well she came back from WAIF with two cats. One was a 3 month old black kitten, who the Siamese had adopted as hers. Soooo I have two more animals in this house. Sadie wants at them so bad! They climb right on up me when that happens, so they are in the bathroom when Sadie is in. Last night Sadie went to her pen in my bedroom and the kitties were on my bed. This was not a good thing, as MY 4 cats were not allowed to get on the same bed as they were on. Mama, was spitting and hissing big time. Has them all floored! Sadie layed in her bed and growled all night.

right now Sadie is in and the kitties are in the bathroom, but you oughta hear the conversations going on through that door!! Whoo!!!

After settling the animals down, I blogwalked a little bit drank some coffee and then hit the road. I went to the playhouse and got Janice going on the presentation. She is thrilled with it. WHEW!!

Then it was off to Burlington 45 miles away to SEARS for a Die-hard of my very own. Got that installed, went to Michaels' for some card stock, and then to PETCO to price doggie bark collars. 119.95! OUCH!!! Think I'll try something else for a bit. May have to go the 'spensive route, but I hope not.

Stopped by Dairy Queen and tried their Brownie Batter blizzard. "eh!" it was ok, but not as good as their commercials are funny. Sadie of course begged and pleaded for a doggie dish of soft serve ice cream. So she got her treat.

So now we are home, the presentation works, Sadie is sated, I am sated, the car is happy again with a fully charged DIe hard battery. And it RAINED!!!! Not very much, but it got the windsheid messy, and washed it off!!!

How can it get much better than that? THANK YOU!!!!!!

No comments: