Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Bits and Pieces

Man Did I ever Slug today!!! I came home last night dog-tired! Took a shower and hit the sack. I slept until 3:00 and Sadie woke me up she needed to go...so outside we went, I sat there on the deck in the cool air in my shortie nitie waiting for her to take her sweet little time and find Just The Right SPot to do her business in. Put her back in her pen and crashed until 800. A friend called and said my corn was ready, they were leaving, but it would be on the steps. I hung up and went right back to sleep until 930 when Bob called to tell me the Lavendar was in the back yard. I hung up and went right back to sleep again, until 1000, got up and blogged some, got sleepy again, so laid down to watch the news and woke up at 1230. I am still tired!!! Bone deep tired, so tired I want to go right back to bed, and just sleep.

I cant though, I have 6 Lavendar plants to plant, and a huge box of corn to can, pictures to print for the play, and Then I have to go i to the playhouse until 1000 when I get to come home and do it all over again.

The local Lavendar farm has been in existence for about 5 years,and has over 5 acres of plants. The couple is divorcing and needs to liquidate their business, so they are selling these plants for 5.00 apiece! They are huge!! 1 will fill a whiskey 1/2 barrell. So I am going to put these in the ground and grow my own lavendar!! Ever had lavendar ice cream? Jelly? Bath foo-foo? love it!! It is very calming.

I also have a friend who grows corn for his grandkids college fund, and every year I get tons of ears and freeze them for use through the year. This year I went to get some for canning, and he said wait! he was picking small ears today and he would GIVE them to me, as no one wanted to buy the small ears, so I have about 100 smal; ears to cut the corn off of, and can. I think I will make some corn relish!

2 weeks ago, our grass was dry and brown and dead. then a week of rain and now sunshine again, and the grass is green and wet and growing! just mowed it Friday, now it needs it again!!

I am fighting staying awake, so I think I will go take ANOTHER nap. Geez what is wrong? COuld it be all the lavendar under my window?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

FOR LESLIE! CANADA evidently won the world cup of hockey. didnt even know there was one.

No comments: