Sunday, August 29, 2004

Autumn



There is most definitely a fall feeling in the air. It is really humid tonight, and as I got out of the Playhouse and headed home, I had to turn down the A/C in the car. As I got out at Prairie Center Grocery Store, the coolness smacked me right in the face. It was clean, and cool. The clouds were rolling in from the West, and you could see right under the layer of clouds to the weather front, where the sun was going down. AHHHHHH It is always so good to see Fall come again.

Night before last I was awake to pee at around 515 and noticed it was still dark. Now not more than 6 weeks ago it was bright daylight then. I lay back down and looked out the window and THERE! RIGHT THERE!!! Just coming out from behind the trees was ORION! For some reason seeing Orion brings me peace. I have no idea why. Maybe I am from another place and another time, and originally came from Orion. Which star, I don’t know, there is no one star that gets me. The Belt does though. Maybe I am from one of the stars in his belt!

I took the picture on top of this post in 1984. My husband and I were trying to work things out and we went over to Eastern Washington to Leavenworth. (must be something about that town eh Brian?) And spent several days wandering around and looking at all the fall color. Western Washington USUALLY does not get the fall color, as it is usually wet and grey, and the alder trees just turn brown and fall off. All the pretty trees are over the top in Eastern Washington. Anyway, We came to Lake Wenatchee State Park and got out and walked around. Down by the lake I saw these Canoes all lined up and turned over like they were waiting for the next season to be used again. It has just epitomized to me the ending of one season and the beginning of another. Life renewing itself, by resting and gaining strength for its push and rush through the coming spring and summer.
A circle of life. Ending and beginning. Little did I know it would be the ending of one part of my life and the beginning of another part. No regrets, I had a good life with Jim, I just grew and he did not. He became the falling leaves I became the new growth.

No comments: