Sunday, August 08, 2004

SEAFAIR in Seattle

This has been one of the perfect Seattle Days. Mid August, Highs in the 80's a nice cool breeze blowing in from the Strait to cool you down. Seafair was this past week, and continues on through the month. The Hydroplane Races on Lake Washington were held this weekend and the US Navy Blue Angels put their airshow on over the Lake also. Every year since 1950 the Hydroplane Races have been held. They were originally called the Gold Cup Races, and then it evolved into SEAFAIR. Big doin's in town, the Torchlight Parade, Friday Night a week ago, where all the floats are lit with tiny christmas lights. SOOOO PRETTY! Then the Crowning of Miss Seafair, who will go on to represent Seattle in the Miss Washington/Miss America Pageants.







THe Races on the Lake are the High light of the whole shebang. Over 300,000 people all merge on the edge of the Lake to watch these races. The Log Boom is set up along the course so that boats can tie up to it. A giant floating DRUNK!!!! THen during the break between the heats, the Blue Angels put on their fantastic airshow. Until you have seen it in person, you just can not imagine how close and how fast these guys fly!! I am awestruck every time I see them, and I have seen them once a year every year of my life!



We watched some of this on TV then headed down to the park for the Sunday Concerts on the Cove Series. Northern Lights Jazz Orchestra. They were fantastic!

Unfortunately the old fart across the street called the cops on the noise ordinance again, so they had to turn the amps down. Now mind you there were about 200 people there to hear this big band sound, and most of them were waaaay older than Bob and I, and were dancing along the sidelines. 200 old people thoroughly enjoying themselves, and one old fart has to ruin it all for them. It must be sad to be that bitter about life.

I will put more on here about the audience in a bit.

Well Maybe I won't. My FTP site lost the www thingie, and now I cant get in to post pictures! And I dont know how to put the www thingie back....WAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I can get ftp just fine, but when the right side lists everything, it used to list a www line, and I would click on that, and that is where I would transfer my pictures to. It's GONE!!!! HELP!!!

No comments: