Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Brisket!!

Have you ever tasted something at a company picnic that just made your mouth water? Ever tried to get the recipe and keep getting thwarted? I have a friend who worked for me for many years at the Navy Exchange, who would always bring brisket to potlucks. For years I tried to get the recipe from her, but she always laughed and said I'll get it for you.

This brisket was melt in your mouth tender, covered in BBQ sauce and sliced in thin slices. The kind that when you eat it in a sandwich, may come plopping out of the bread and drip down your chin onto your boobs. You know the kind?

Well as I was retiring, she told me her secret, but said I couldn't have the whole thing. It was her husband Kenny! He is the one who cooks in their family.




I got a phone call today and Kenny asked if I was gonna be home, as he wanted to bring me some brisket. OF COURSE I'm gonna be home for that. He brought over a nice package of it and some extra sauce for it. I opened the package and there was enough for Donna and I for dinner. But I couldn't wait, I split it in half and zapped my half in the microwave and sat down to eat it. And then I promptly went back and got Donna's half too. And Ate it! it was soooooooo goooood!! And he has given me his secret rub and told me how to make the BBQ sauce. So man I am gonna try it next weekend!! It is to DIE for.

(wiping BBQ sauce off of boobs and chin.) BURP

No comments: