Thursday, August 26, 2004

Rain!!

Well never let it be said that it doesn't rain in August in Washington. It started on Friday night, and has not let up at all. We are getting the left overs from a typhoon that hit Japan 2 weeks ago, and with it all the rain! Very little wind though. The underpasses are flooded, the basements in apt bldgs are flooded, even the Playhouse had standing water on the rug downstairs. It flooded the parking lot, then rolled right down the sidewalk and right down the stairs.

I don't recall ever seeing this much rain at one time here. Its so needed. The fires in the forests are getting drenched and the firecrews are all rejoicing.
I told you about the rain on Saturday, and the fair, it let up a little on Sunday and then Rained like hell on Monday and Tuesday and let up a little today. More is expected tomorrow and Friday and MAYBE some sun on Sat.

Our reservoirs have been way behind where they should be at this time of the year, mainly because we did not get a good snow pack up in the mountains to slowly melt and fill them. And no spring rain, but we are fast catching up. When it rains hard here, we MIGHT get .50 of an inch. But we have been getting 2 and 3 " in some places, in an HOUR. jeez! You'd think we were in Houston or Austin or sompthin!!

Sadie has decided that she will be a little Bitch and not go out to do her pottie. It is too wet out there, and she has not seen rain like that. So I have to chase her to get her outside, and when I catch her she will do the submissive peeing thing. I throw her out and she stays right under the eaves and cries. And Whines, and scratches the siding, and then the door. So I let her in, and she'll poop right in front of the back door.

She is a year old now and has been pottie trained since she was 5 months old, but this rain has sent her back. She will run and hide under the bed, unless Lint is around and wants out too. If Lint goes out, Sadie will. She is such a stubborn little witch!! She is sooo smart, she knows when I am on my bed to read, and she will come lay beside me and cuddle, but if I am in bed for the night she will hide under the bed, so she doesn't get put in her pen. Now mind you her PEN is just a kiddee gate across one end of my bathroom, and she can see me in bed so she isn't out in the cold and wet. She knows when she is in there it is nite-nite time.

You should hear the birds in the morning! They wake up singing their little rain song. And running back and forth through the leaves taking their showers! They are loving it!! I have two bird baths that I keep out for them for water, but they were really loving the showers!!

Well off to bed. I learned how to edit comments tonite, had to take one off at the authors request, and did not know how, and could not remember my password. All fixed now.

No comments: