Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Tuesday Trashings...

I have been busy all day today, got a little blogwalking done, but not as much as I usually do.

I met with Rusty the President of the Board of DIrectors at the Playhouse. I am also going to be producing with her this year. Then I had to go copy some scripts, so we could write all over them for blocking and tech purposes. Did a few errands around town, and got back home around 500. The Caterpillars are almost gone in the back, there are still some in the very back, towards the woods, where the sprayer would not reach, and I have not yet hit the front yard with the Poisin. I have Never in all the years of living here seen them this bad. I have heard they get bad, but never seen them. SO to answer all of your questions, No Brian, and Blogeois, I wont send them your way, I would not wish that on any friends. Anacortes is safe, so this weekend should be fun for you.

From what I gather, they are so bad becasue the weather has been so dry, for two springs now, we have had hot, dry weather, where it is usually wet and cool. The alder trees out back take the brunt of the infestation, but this year they decided that the fruit trees were the thing to eat, and that is when they just migrated over to the house. (SHUDDER) Some dude on TV was saying that it should be cycling out, and they should be gone in a few years. SWELL! Now I do not mind an occaisional caterpillar, and the woolies are cute. But these turd buckets just gotta GO! Not everywhere has been bothered with them, they go in areas. SO next year it belongs to someone else. They dont like Evergreens either. Heather, I think you are safe down there.

We have been teased with rain for the past two evenings. THunderstorms form and then dissapate over the Cascades, and do not drop anything on us. I would LOVE a big heavy drenching rain, with lots and lots of wind, and cold weather. THen it can clear up and be pretty again. We usually have the winds just as the fruit trees are blossoming, and they will all get blown away, so there is not much fruit forming. Well this year I sear every single bloom has formed fruit! Lots of peaches and pears and apples this year. Yahoo!!

Well the jets have finally just quit flying and it is midnite, so I can go to bed again, and try to get some sleep. Must be another Squadron getting ready to leave. Wish they all would...

No comments: