Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Thoughts

I sat down this morning and realized that I have not posted in quite awhile! I have put stuff up but no thoughts. I THOUGHT I had. I FELT I had. I FEEL I had. But I hadn't. Good grief what shall I talk about. There are the birds, NAH! The Lola's? NAH. The quail? Maybe, Sadie? NO! The Weather? The kids? Politics? The news? The garden? Food? What.....I have all kinds of things running through my head right now, but nothing that I can pull out and write about. Kat and Brenda and Ellen I think all wrote about things that happened a year ago. So I went back into my archives and guess what was there? The Birds, The weather, the news, politics, the WAR, Food, the Quail, the Kids. B O R I N G !!!!!

I have so many things that I need to do, and one of my biggest failings is, I NEVER GET THEM DONE!!! I am sitting in an office that is only 1/2 painted from Last year. The paint bucket sitting right there....Untouched since last May!! I am looking out at the Great Room floor that We put in TWO years ago, and still have not finished. (I am waiting to put the baseboards and the transition strips in until I paint the walls. The hold up here is I DON'T KNOW WHAT COLOR TO PAINT) I could go out and look at the house that we painted two years ago, and still have not finished the trim!! (..eh)
I have a garden that is 1/2 in...Early yet for here. I have a quilt that I have spread out all over the Dining room table, that I almost have done, I just need to get to it. I have an afghan still to finish, a Scrapbook to finish, and places to go, people to see.

MY big problem with all of these things is that I need a PUSH! Most people do, I am a very driven person, but when I stop it is FULL STOP>>>Dead in the water. I like living alone, Not having someone in my face all the time, but I DO need someone in my face to help me get it done. Strange? I don't think so. I think I am pretty normal. I LIKE doing things with people. It helps me have a goal to aim for. I ENJOY pleasing people. I enjoy interfacing with people. I enjoy sharing things with people. So why do I push them away? Don't know.

I think I should hire someone to come over and help me get things done. Work WITH me to paint the Office, work WITH me to help me paint the trim and the Living room,. Work WITH me to finish the garden. Work WITH me to help me finish my quilt. How should they help me with some of these things? By just being there, talking with me, encouraging me leading me astray. Make me FEEL like I am pushing them, even though they would be pushing me. Am I so different? DO any of you have the same failings? Are you easily led astray also? Is there anything in your house that you have been putting off for ever, but you REALLY want finished?

Why do we DO this? I thought it would be rather nice to just walk away from EVERYTHING, and start brand spanking new with brand spanking NEW finished stuff. Walk out the door and shut it, and walk into another house and just start fresh. No more "stuff" to agonize over whether or not you should keep it, or what color to paint it. Or how to rearrange the room....BIG SIGH here....Guess I should prioritize, list, break things down to a workable chore, and then tackle them one at a time...Get them all done, Finish what has been started........NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phhhfttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: