Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The CRACK of Dawn!

I had to get up and go pottie at 430 this morning, and as I crawled back under the nice warm electric blanket, and scooted Lint back away from MY side of the bed, I heard a squeaky commotion under my window. It was JUUUUUST starting to get light. The trees were showing a little shadow. I took the flashlight and shone it out the window to see what was going on, and saw rodents scatter like crazy from under the bird feeders. I lay there with my chin on the window sill trying to count all the little bastards that were there. At least 10 of them in all sizes. Including 4 white rats!!! Loki and I stayed there and watched them until the birds started singing.

There was one Robin right by the window that was singing his little heart out at full volume! Followed by George and Gracie putt-putt-putting into the yard, and then it was Lola, chattering at the rats to get away from her feeders!

Minute by minute the yard was waking up, and it was noisy out there. I have heard the morning wake up before, but there was something different about this one. EVERYONE was awake and making noise at the top of their lungs. Gracie lost George in the woods, so she flew over to the wisteria and called for him. Get BACK here getBACKhere! And far off you could hear George, chiCAgo chi CA go! And she would answer back until he found her again. The wisteria is right by my window, so naturally, it was a rather LOUD exchange between the two of them

At one point about 615, there were the Doves cooing, the pine siskins buzzing, the Hummingbirds humming, the Grosbeaks PEEKing, the Robins Chirping the quail putting the Finches singing, and the juncos making their noise. ALL AT FULL VOLUME!! I wonder what it was about this morning, that made them all want to be as noisy as possible? They usually take their turns at it, but not this morning. NOPE!! Full force, WAKE UP WORLD it's RAINING!!!!!

No comments: