Monday, May 03, 2004

Another boring Monday!

Today is chilly! I got up expecting to get out and work in the yard again, but my shoulder and knees and back were still hurting from the other day, so I did not. I am not going to push it. Instead I got up got dressed, and went over to Phyllis' and fed her cat, checked her yard, and then went up to the cemetery and walked Sadie on her lead for awhile. It was s'posed to rain today, but all it did was spit at us, and then the sun played peek-a-boo through the fluffy white and grey clouds. Right now it is sunny, but as I mentioned it is chilly! The weather is looking more like April than May. S'posed to have 20 degrees cooler and rain every day for a week. Well we need it. We are in the midst of a water crisis. The Hydrologists at the UDUB are saying that the snow pack is way down from where it should be in the Cascades, and that if we dont get the spring rain that we count on, we could be in a dangerous fire condition, not to mention the lack of water for hydroelectric generation, and drinking.

Last year was a terrible year for fires. The Eastern half of the state is all high desert, and hills, and when those catch fire, they go like mad. Our national Forests are drying out, and that will cause the closing of those forests for recreation. Things really do not look good. The Eastern part of the US is getting all of our rain I understand. We do like to share, but it is highly unusual for us to be this dry.

Our roses are all blooming now, and they dont usually start until June, and July. The wisteria is out full, and the Rhodedendrons are popping out. They all like the warm dry spring. What also likes it are the tent caterpillars. The Alders out back are full of tents, and my peach trees were covered until I sprayed them with BT. I just noticed that the little buggers are attacking the wisteria now. They were so bad last year in Kitsap county that they denuded all of the alder trees before summer! You'd think that the bug eating birds would like them and be present, but I understand that they taste really bad, and the birds wont touch them. Talk about a perfect predator!

Sadie is becoming very aggressive! I am starting to worry about her. She went after my brothers dog on Saturday, and they only way I could get her to stop was to pen her up. Yesterday a young husky Pup from two doors down got lose, and chased Lint back into the yard and up the fence, and Sadie went nuts!! This dog was three times her size but that wasnt going to stop her. yappy little Bitch! She starts kindergarten tomorrow. I want her to come when called and I want her to stop barking on command. ( yeah right, like I can get her trained, I never could train the kids!)

No comments: