Thursday, May 27, 2004

And More rain...

And even more rain...in fact it rained so very hard this afternoon that the playhouse manager and I thought that the water was going to run off the parking lot, and come right over the door jamb and flow down the stairs into the old church basement where the lobby to the theater is located. I smartly asked...Where do we keep the sandbags, and She laughed. Only ever needed them once before, but by then it was too late. We watched it and it finally abated.

The storm generated two tornadoes in Western Washington, which is extremely RARE. Even 1 tornado is rare, in a year, but two in one day and three in this month are unheard of!! Our tornadoes, usually just rip up trees and lift roofs off of barns, that's all. ANd that is all they did do today. No one hurt, no one killed, no animals injured, just a loose metal barn roof gone. It was on the ground no more than 1 minute and then it was gone.

Our weather is getting stranger and stranger...Heat, no snow, no rain, lots of flowers; This isn't a typical Spring here at all. THe jet stream is hanging way down out of British Columbia, and cutting down into Oregon and Idaho before it starts to head back North. Look out all you Albertans! Heading your way.

I watched a clip on a talk show today about the new movie THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW which is supposed to be the best action packed disaster movie ever made. Graphics never before seen etc. All about the weird weather patterns and the cause and effect of them on the human race. OHHHHH I cant wait to see it. I love those kind of movies. I HATE horror flicks and the supernatural but I LOVe the disaster movies. DEEP IMPACT was soooo cool!!!

Thunderstorms are predicted through the rest of the week and then it should clear up just after the weekend.

Tim is doing ok. So far no fights between siblings. Chemystery is going home to her husband for the weekend, so TIm can have her room and some privacy for awhile. He is sleeping on the sofa right now, and appears to be comfortable. I just want so much for him to be safe and warm and secure and fed. I guess as a mother you never outgrow wanting to mother your children. I have learned during this past year with Chemystery though that it aint the same. I do expect them to give me the courtesy of telling me how long they are going to be gone, and so forth, because I worry. But I can't control what they do away from here. I raised them right, and the choices they now make are their own choices, and there is nothing I can do about that, but sometimes when you see them reaching for the hot stove, you want to slap their hand and tell them NO! HOT! Hurt the BABY! He is 6'5 weighs 235, is 32 years old, I somehow think I would be the one losing that battle...but Oh how hard it is to let them.

No comments: