Wednesday, May 26, 2004

RAIN!

I woke up this morning late, and ran to get dressed. I was to meet Phyllis in town by 11:30 and it was 1030 now. I did not have time to blogwalk at all. GRRR that always sets my morning off wrong. I do not like sleeping late either, although I must have needed it.

As I was driving in to Oak Harbor, I saw split-splot drops on the windsheild. THe sky was a hazy filtered sunshine, so I did not think anything of it. I met Phyllis and off we went to Mt Vernon to the Mall and Costco. (SHE wouldnt let me get my SEE"S bon-bons!!) Left the Mall empty handed because Phyllis was crashing and we both needed to eat something. Appleby's was the closest, so we stopped there for Lunch. We both had a cowboy burger and asked for it not to be well done. It was without a doubt, THE BEST hamburger I have had in years! it was juicy, flavorful, filling, and just plain old GOOD!! AHHHHHHH nothing like a good rare piece of cow!

Costco was next where I blew my budget on books. I should KNOW not to go down that aisle. I got the next three books in the #1 LADIES DETECTIVE AGENCY Series. Fairy ABS got me started on it, and it is well worth the read.

Leaving Costco, I noticed that in Mt Vernon it was getting muggier and cloudier. By the time we were back on the Island, it was spitting again, and by the time I got home, it was raining. I LOVE A GOOD RAIN!

THere is nothing more relaxing to me than a good hard rain. The Fresh smell of GREEN coming in the windows, and the splash of wet popping through the screens onto my face. I do Love it! It rained, and rained, and is raining still! We need it so badly. We are 2/3rds down from where we should be by this time of the year. I laid down across the bed looking out the window at the feeder and Sadie was laying on my back looking too.

Lola and the doves were sitting in the feeder munching away in the pouring rain, and Sadie is just a quivering on my back. SHe wanted those critters bad!! whining and quivering. I was hushing her and she was good, but dern she wanted to dive right through the screen after them.

As I sat in the bedroom watching TV while Donna had control of the keyboard, I heard the fog horns way off down the sound. The sun had gone down and the birds had stopped chirpping and you could hear the ships on the water. their fog horns BOOOP BOOOOOOOPing
in answer to the one at Admiralty Head, and Ft Flagler. Beep! BOOOP BOOOP!

Beep! Boop Boop! It was so peaceful hearing the horns. When I was a child I lived where I could hear 4 distinct sets of horns all on their cycles, and when it was foggy and still, I would lay there in my bed listening to the horns beep their warnings to the ships on the Straight. It was so calming then...it is still...

Beep! Boop Boop! Beep! BOOP BOOP!

No comments: