Friday, May 14, 2004

Busy day!

I woke up today and watched the birds, Donna was sleeping in, and then was going to go over the top for a conjugal visit with the Husband. I did my Blogwalking and then Bob came over. All day long today it has felt like Saturday, and up until just now I thought it was.

I turned on TV and JAG was on, on Saturday? OH WAIT....so I watched once again Harm and the Col. deny the fact that they are in love with each other. ARRGGHHHH!!! Why is it that the whole world can see it but they can't? Television!! Bah!! I suppose we will have to wait through a whole 'nother season to see what happens!

Bob and I went to Deception Pass this evening. It is one of our best State Parks, and is right here. It is so beautiful, and has been loved to death. The Lake is all dirty and full of weeds now. Did not used to be. Phyllis and I used to swim in it when we were young.



We used to fish elbow to elbow off of the dock, and there were times when the canoes were all over the lake. We have to pay a 5.00 user fee now, and that has cut the traffic WAAAAY down.



The CCC carved most of our State Parks and our National Parks out of the wilderness, and this was one of them. I will post more about the CCC later on, but this is one of the shelters that are all over these parks for picnics. Some people have even had their weddings there. I have always wanted a house just like this in a setting just like this without all of the people around. A Lake out Front, A park at your back, and birds and wildlife everywhere. AHHHHHHH



Can't you just imagine a Roaring fire, a Nasty wind and rain storm, with rain or sleet beating on the window, and a good book and a comfy chair by the fireplace and a warm afghan over your feet. A wonderful candle burning on the mantle and some cookies and hot Earl Grey tea on a tray beside you. Ok, A cat on your lap and a dog at your feet too...Did I forget anything?

No comments: