Friday, January 30, 2004

Storm Warnings

We had winds last night over 70MPH I was awake most of the night listening to them. The wind chimes were tinkling like mad, Even the ones out front were chiming away. Leslie would have gone nuts, I love listening to them. About 4:00 I heard a CRRRRAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKK CRASH! One of the alders out back broke the top off and it hit another tree on the way down. FOrtunately they both were in the woods so no harm was done to property.

THis morning I got up early to take Sadie in for her haircut and heard that the Bridge was closed. Hiway 20 goes over a two lane 200' foot high bridge that hooks two Islands together, It is the MAIN way on and off the Island. A 70+ MPH Gust hit a 40' Semi full of furniture, and crashed it into the guard rail, and since it was so windy, they could not get it righted for 8 hours until the wind died down.



That is the first time in memory that a semi has crashed on the bridge. He is soooo lucky, the waters below and VERY DEEP and SWIFT Moving, and no one survives the waters much less the fall.

Right now it is calm between storms, stars out amongst the clouds and COLD. The air smells so fresh and clean after the heavy cleansing rain we had yesterday. Even the birds were rejoicing in the freshness. I noticed As I was fillling the feeders that the tulips are popping up about 2" so spring can't be too far behind. I wish I had gotten my Daffodils planted like I wanted to last Fall. Ah well there is always next Fall, or the one after that...

No comments: