Wednesday, January 07, 2004

A present for Mommie...

So My Sweet little Sadie-bug wanted to go out in the worst way this morning. If a dog could cross their legs, she was...Bouncing in her pen and whining big time. As one grows older, ones bodily functions are more insistent that when you are younger. In my case when I wake up I have to pee....NOW! So I hurried up and did my business as Sadie is jumping and yipping right there in her pen. I get her in my arms and she is trying so badly to get down, and I open the back door. She LEAPS from my arms right into the 6 " of snow, and runs out to pee. And pee she did!! I left her out while I went to make a pot of coffee and turn on the computer, and get the Daughter up to try and get to work.

After about 15 minutes, I let Sadie back in, she ran in quickly and disappeared into the house. I came in to read my morning blogs, and Sadie was not at my feet. HMMMMMMMMM I get up to get a cup of coffee, and Sadie had an old dirty brown rag in her mouth. I reached down for it and noticed that that sock had tiny FEET!!! My dear Darling Puppy brought me a RAT!!! Not a mouse, not a vole, not a baby rabbit, but a RAT!!!!! I am jumping up and down and screaming at her to drop it, waving my arms and yelling. She just KNOWS that I am soooo PROUD of her!!! I finally get her to drop it and I went to get the dust pan to scoop it up in.

4 cats and it takes a puppy to catch the RAT!! Now I don't remember seeing it in her mouth when she bounded in, but SURELY it was there. I would hate to think she actually caught it here in the house!!! Nah....She had it when she came in....Really, she did....

No comments: