Thursday, January 01, 2004

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy Birthday CJ!! see? you made it!! Many more are wished for you!

I hope everybody had a safe and fun New Years Eve, and are not too hung over today. I had no alcohol, at all. I remember drinking until I puked on New Years Eve, so I do not do that anymore! no reason, just did not like the way I felt. My Dad was the same way, He just stopped. Of course he more or less had to, could not afford for both him and MOM to drink, and Mom did drink.

Bob came over to spend the evening with me, as usual. Brought over a Pesto Pizza! it was really good! no tomato sauce just pesto, garlic, sundried tomatoes and of course the usual toppings, pepperoni, olives, cheese, onions, YUMMMMMMM...
we ate the pizza and then Donna and Bob sat watching the history channel HISTORY of SEX. 4 hours of ancient sex! YAWN!!!! I got bored, so I sat at my desk and balanced my check book, and started entering my jan feb mar and april checks into MONEY, so I could get it sorted for my Tax accountant. After the late news, We drove down to the beach so we could see the fireworks around the sound.

We sat there in the dark, looking out over Admiralty Inlet, looking across the water at Pt. Townsend, and down the Sound to the glow of Seattle. The wind was COLD...and the tide was in, so the waves were lapping at the logs so we sat in the car, listening to the radio waiting for midnite. A few fireworks started popping over the water across the inlet, and then.........NOTHING!!! no fireworks, no noise, just a chilling wind and Bob and I and the radio. Sadie was shivering in the back seat, so at midnite, He leaned over gave me my yearly peck on the lips, JUST one!! and off we headed for home again.



Been this way for exactly 20 years now. BORING!!! I so want to make reservations for the three nights at the WESTON Hotel in downtown Seattle, eat a nice dinner on the waterfront, then walk over to Seattle Center which is the site of the 1962 WOrlds Fair, to the Space Needle and watch the fireworks from the needle. I just think that would be soooo cool!!!
I guess I am the only one, because everytime I mention it The entire family looks at me like I'm nuts! "Too Many People!" Well Yeah! that's the point!!! be right in the middle of 20000 fun loving people all running around and celebrating! I just think that would be a HOOT!!

Instead we watch it every year on TV, then Bob goes home, and I go to bed.

I hope the rest of you had a more exciting night than I had. I enjoyed sitting on the beach at looking out across the water, but I remember it being a lot more fun when you could steam up the windows a bit! ahhhh to be young again....

No comments: