Saturday, January 03, 2004

IT'S FREAKING COLD OUT THERE!!!!

BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! We got an itsy bitsy little teeny weeny amount of snow, but man did we get the cold!!! Right now it is 16 F with a wind chill of 7F. I love it!! The air smells so FRESH!! I braved the elements today and drove or skated in to town. I had called a work party for today at 1:00, so felt I needed to be there. We managed to get the backdrop of the set painted and the stairs moved to Center Stage, and got the flats all taped and ready for paint.

It was freaking cold in the theater; the house is an old turn of the century church. So it has this gas heater that was retro fitted about 1960, and it does not do a very good job of heating a huge space. I expect they were counting on all of the fevered bodies of the Dutch Reformed Congregation to help keep it warm. With only 5 bodies in there today, it didn’t work right. The paint was really thick. I think it was on the verge of freezing. Looked like syrup pouring out of the can.

Computers are wonderful things. We had ½ a can of two different colors, dark purple and a purple navyish color. Neither was enough to paint the flats with so we mixed it up. Looks really good!! But I needed another gallon. I knew we would never be able to match it exactly, but ACE Hardware has this great color match computer, that takes the color you want and then gives you a formula for it. WHOO-HOO!!! Worked great. Tomorrow we finish painting, and then set lights.

Sadie ran out this morning while the snow was still fresh and fluffy and once again skidded off the porch. You think she would have remembered that she did that last week. She ran around again tossing the snow up in the air and playing with it. There was not really enough to make a snowball to throw for her, and she was having a good enough time on her own, so I just let her play. The past few days there have been NO accidents in the house. And she has come up and let me know that she wants out. GOD do you think I have succeeded? Could it be that she GETS it now? Oh please oh please oh PLEASE!!!!

I have just typed this into a word document, because GALAXYNET keeps kicking me off line. SO now I am ready to cut and paste this into blogger. I think I like doing it this way, it has a spell check built in!! How cool is that?

No comments: