Friday, January 02, 2004

January blahs

I woke up this morning all groggy from little sleep. I also woke up grouchy. I also woke up wanting to go back to bed. I went to bed as soon as Bob left last night, around 830 or 9, with every good intention of reading my book, but I fell asleep with the light on, and my nose in the book. I woke up at 230 with Loki tap dancing on my head. just his hind feet, so I knew he was looking out the window. His ears were back,, and he was chittering, so I figured he saw a bird. Then I remembered that it was dark out, no birds, what the hell was he looking at...a BAT? A rabbit? nope a bird feeder full of big mice!! hanging from the eaves it was, and no more than 6 inches from my face!!! It seems they climbed the phone wire I had laid across the bird feeder so Sadie would not chew on it. (Bob took it off the house when we painted the outside year before last...don't want to rush the man...) I knocked on the window and they scattered like mad. I know some of them have to be hurt falling so far, but they were gone.

First thing this morning, I went out and filled all the feeders, and moved the phone wire back down low. If they can climb into the feeder now, I'm Moving out and letting them have the house. I have four count them FOUR 1-2-3-4 cats that live here, but they have no clue what outside is so the mice live there.

I got that done and came in to blog crawl, and try to change my colors...BOB came over. I don't know about you but when I am blogging I want to BLOG not talk, not explain everything I am doing, just read and type. so THAT was put off. Remember I said I was grumpy too. I bit his head off about his ridiculous political views and then stomped on his opinions. He left.

I went out to find a book to read, and this dumb-ass island has no DECENT bookstores anymore. Barnes and Noble in Bellingham 75 miles away, and Amazon.com a click away have put them out of business. Now if you want a book on fables, or science Fiction, or fantasy, you can get it, but if you are looking for a good book to get lost in.....NOPE. I also needed to get some bird seed to fed the critters with. Every place was out.

ARRGGHHHH I did manage to get my refills for my meds taken care of. and I did buy one mind candy book, and I bought a small bag of seed. I got home and BOB was here, It is Friday night. That is OUR night to watch TV or go out to dinner. He brought dinner in, so I would not have to cook a lot. Hamburger patties and pork and beans. (GAK)

I have never in my life fixed a can of pork and beans. I always doctor them up. Bacon, onions, mustard, brown sugar, ketchup and garlic and liquid smoke. Then bake the hell out of them. NOPE not the way he wanted them gotta have them straight out of the can! (GAK! RETCH!)

As soon as we ate he left. He was tired and I got on him about watching the History Channel AGAIN!!! this time it was the Magineaux Line, and how the Germans took it. (WOO!) He said good by, and I turned to my daughter who said MOM you got your refills right? Yes I did they are right here. Well says she, is your Zoloft in there? yes says I. And how long have you been out? only 1 or 2 days. A-HA!!! says she!!! That's why you are such a bitch!! or words to that effect.

WELLLLLL PPPPHHHFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

so there. THink I'll go to bed now! took my Zoloft. Things will be mellower tomorrow.

OH YEAH! and I yelled at a couple of poor young missionaries who happened to knock on my door just as Bob left the first time. I was in getting ready to do my hair, and they knocked. I get to the door with my hair sticking out all over, and my brush in my hand, a scowl on my face, read their little name taggie things that says JESUS CHRIST loves you.
yelled at them and slammed the door. I was walking away as I heard the redheaded one say loudly..."You have a nice Day now!"

BITE A BIG GREEN BUG!!! PHHHFFFFTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

No comments: