Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Where is the world is ....LOLA?

I have not seen Lola now for almost a month! I can't believe that the critters got all the squirrels...:-( They do not hibernate, but they don't like cold weather, so maybe they are all snug in a hole in a tree, waiting for spring, scarfing down all those peanuts they stashed this Fall. I am out of black oil sunflower too. I put peanut hearts out in the feeder, and cracked corn. The doves are happy as...Doves! And I have a lady Downey woodpecker at the suet feeder. The juncoes and the finches and chickadees are still hanging around but no pidgeons, no pine siskins, no goldfinches, and as yet no hummigbirds, although it is still a bit early for them. Last year I hung 1 feeder out on Feb 28 and had a hit right away. I will get them out tomorrow and see how long it takes to get hit.

I will have to brave the car and the steps and get into to Farmers Co-op for 50# of sunflower seeds, 50# of flyers choice bird seed, and 10 # of chick feed and millet. Then I will be ready for spring! I hear a bird I have never heard before, and I can not replicate it, I think it is a warbler, but since I cant see it I cant be sure. I have had a tiny greenish yellow bird come to the niger feeder, and I can't identify that either. It has a darkish green rump and lighter belly and a white ring around its eye, and is olive greenish yellow with a beak that looks like a pin. Narrow and thin. ??????

Bill? Leslie? Phyllis got me a membership in the local Audubon club, so after the show closes I will have to start attending meetings and learn more.

I certainly hope that Sadie hasn't chased Lola away permanently! I will try moving some feeder stuff over to the deck poles and see if that might help. Sadie can still bark at them, but not reach them at all, and there is plenty of cover too.

Well I need to go back and prop up the ol' knee and take another motrin. No more pain killers for me...Made me sickern shit! Don't like that feeling at ALL. Think I will fix a glass of cornbread and milk...CJ want some? YUMMY!!!

No comments: