Tuesday, January 20, 2004

One last rehearsal....

Tomorrow we have our first full live audience. It technically is still called a dress rehearsal until Friday night which is the "Opening Night". Our Members get to come in and see it free, as do all family members of the cast and staff. They pay fifteen dollars for a years membership, which helps us fund a few things. We have 200 members. Most of them do NOT come that night. Being a member allows you to vote on the upcoming season shows and we have a potluck-business meeting once a month. But the Members night gives us a feel for what the live audience will be like. Gives us a chance to work around applause, boos, lighting cues, etc. They are very forgiving. Wednesday we are off, and Thursday is our "Buy-out" still technically a dress rehearsal, but we sell the house to non-profit orgs to use as their fundraisers. They buy the house for 600.00 and sell the tickets for whatever they can get. usually 10-20 dollars. there are 125 seat, so if it sells out, the charity can make a lot of money. Friday night we open, and run every Thur-Sun for 4 weeks. Then it is all over!!

The lighting cues still need a tweak, but for the most part, we are ready! Ike is back, although he keeps forgetting his cues, and can't dance, but he still sings. ANd Jesus forgot his first few lines tonight so He had to fake it. (You'd think Jesus would have some HELP from on-high wouldn't ya?)

I got to meet the man who almost was Jesus tonight. He backed out at the last minute before I could audition him. He is black has Whoopi-braids, and is GAY. now THAT would have stood stodgy Oak Harbor on it's Presbyterian ear!!! LOLOLOL

I took head shots tonite, for the Lobby wall, and need to get their Bios printed out on photo paper, then I am done!! I will have given birth to my first theatrical Baby. I have helped deliver babies lots of times, but this is MY first all by myself. I think I have something to be proud of. Time will tell!


No comments: