Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Whupped!!!

I am whupped!!! I have been at the Theater almost everyday for two weeks. I spent the weekend there trying to get lights aimed, and the cues set into the computer. Almost got it all finished and yesterday discovered that I lost them all. So now I have to start over with the cues. I hate this!!! I wish I knew what I did wrong so I would not do it again, I KNOW I saved the session, it just was lost!! ARRRRRGGHHH

On a good note...we had a fantastic rehearsal last night! Jesus has been working his lines at my insistence, and actually has emotions in them now. He is now saying the lines instead of spouting memorizations. He has slowed down, stops where needed, and puts depth into his emotions. We have not had a full cast though in quite awhile, due to one thing or another. THis happens when you have volunteers who are not getting anything out of this other than satisfaction and getting their egos stroked.






We are having a tiny bit of rebellion amongst the cast members also. THey are not liking the way the story ends. (no jokes now Don!) THey think that there should be a resurection after the cruxifiction, and the authors did not put one in. They did however write a new song and gave us the option of using it anywhere in the show we would like. So we are putting it in the very end just after the finalle, which makes it very anticlimactic. THis works as a form of resurection the way we are doing it, but I don't like it. I think we should just end the play the way it was written, and cut the song.
I will run it again tonite and if it doesn't work, I'll rethink the ending.

Press night tomorrow, and then 3 days off until Hell week. Next Friday we open, and then I can relax. I think. THen I can start my same old boring LIFE AFTER NEXCOM. Actually, I went into the Exchange yesterday to have my nails done, and listened to the complaints about the way things were going. I DO NOT MISS IT ONE LITTLE BIT!!! I walked out laughing! I don't have to listen to bitchy customers complain about the lack of service, or the lines at the registers, or the prices of the merchandise. (We had as many if not more associates than any department store outside, you stand in line at every single grocery store in town, and I save 8.5% at the minimum over outside prices, because there is no tax!) AH maybe life SHould be boring!!! (BIG SMILE HERE)...

No comments: