Saturday, January 24, 2004

Opening Night

WHata RUSH!!! Opening night was fabulous. The town is definately talking about this show!!! We had 4 ministers in the Buy-out show for Habitats for Humanity on Thursday, and they LOVED it. Last night one person said that his pastor recommended the show to him, so He came. He had seen it twice before back east, but this one far surpassed anything else he has seen!! wow!!

One of our main characters Karol, who is also our Choreographer Lost her Mother last night during the performance. So she will finish tonite and tomorrow, rush down to Texas to the Funeral and then be back for thusday nights show. That is so hard!! We knew her mom was not doing well and probably would not make it. She was very emotional during the cruxifiction scene, but it worked. What a trouper.

The house was almost sold out last night, and at the end there was a spontaneous standing ovation! I was floored!! THe cast was thrilled, and the Audience wanted to stay and chat all night with the cast. Unfortunately we had a cast party after the show, so that was late getting started. It was 13 miles out of town, in the woods, and it was really foggy. So here are twelve cars driving through the woods in the fog trying to find addresses on mailboxes that we could not see. Finally got to the party, and there were more people there than there were in the cast!! 1/2 of them I had never seen before.

Party was still going as I left about 12:30, but since I live 20 miles from town in the OTHER direction, I needed to get home before the snow started. I got home around 1:15, read a few blogs and hit the sack. I was drained!!! the Adrenalin rush had depleted my resources, and I needed to get those batteries recharged. I slept for about 6 hours and woke up ready for another night of Directing...LOVE IT!

No comments: