Friday, January 16, 2004

What next!!!

Last night was Press night, The rehearsal on Wednesday was excellent!!! The press comes in during a dress rehearsal to take pictures and hopefully give us good reviews and a lot of free publicity. I went in last night, and Steve the Surgical Tech in the Navy and also plays John the Baptist, came up and said Bad News!! I immediately thought he was called to duty and would not be able to be there that night. WOrse!!! Isaac, who plays the part of Lamar and sings ALL GOOD GIFTS solo, was in for surgery on his infected thumb and had a cardiac incident in the hospital. SO Ike is out. He had a minor but very important part in the play. OH CRAP!!!! Actually we can do it with out him, but it will not be the same. I am hoping that he will be cleared on Sunday and I can offer him a proposition. If he can walk on and sing his solo, and walk off, we can cover it with a note in the program. If not, I'll Punt!! I can sing it if i have to, but I don't do stage. The casr was FANTASTIC last night, they all covered Ike's lines beautifully and we faked his song. THe performance made me cry. It was so good!!! Fernando who plays Jesus, has grown soooo much in the role. He is great!! I am so proud of them all. They have grown into a family together. I wish you all could see it!

Sadie-Bug has not had an accident in the house in almost two weeks!! She comes and tells me she has to go and then runs out and does it. She is so cute. ANd such a LOVE. When she is tired, she will come put her feet on my lap and lay her head down for me to rub her ears, then she will yawn. I pick her up put her in her pen and out she goes. This is not to say that she only sleeps in her pen, she is after all a DOG, and that is their job...to sleep. She sleeps a lot, but her nap time is a special thing. It kinda tells me it is time for me to take one too.

I rented Pirates of the Caribbean tonight. Good movie, but I did not see the charm of Johnny Depp like others have. Must be too old. Going to see either Return of the King or The Last Samurai tomorrow night. I sure hope this third one ties it all together, cause I am so lost!!!

What's that you are saying Sadie? It's time for bed? ok...let me sign off here, and we'll go nite-nite.

See ya tomorrow.

No comments: