Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Thanksgiving Eve...

I just told Chemystery that I wasn't feeling any stress today like I usually did trying to get dinner ready. SHe just laughed...Mom, it's the first time in 37 years you have been OFF the day befor Thanksgiving!

She's right!! Since Friday is Black Friday in Retail, and all available personnel have to be there, and we open at 0'dark thirty to beat Wally WOrld and K-Marche, We usually work the night before Thanksgiving until Midnite or later to set the sale. So I would come home exausted, rest a few and start in on dinner prep. THen up at the cra ck of dawn to shove the bird in the oven and start getting the house in order before tha family shows up. I was always really stressed out, and tired, and had to be back at work on Friday, I was no fun, the family was no fun, the dinner tasted awful to me, and I usually ended up either pissing somebody off, or being pissed off.

It is now almost Midnight and all I have to do is cut up the vegies for the stuffing and make the corn bread. That's IT!!
whoo-hoo!!! I can watch the Parade and then the National Dog Show on NBC, then the beginning of the Christmas Movies that I watch every year. Every Single one of them, every year. Even It's A Wonderful Life. for the 88th time.

THe house is clean, the puppy is asleep, ANd I am going to hit the shower in about an hour and then BED!!

Hope you all have a very Safe and WOnderful Thanksgiving, and for all you Canucks up there, remember heat rises, so all of our oven heat will head that way and warm you up. take a deep sniff, you might smell TURKEY!!!

No comments: