Saturday, November 29, 2003

Guess what time it is?

Yep!! you're right!! 230! I woke up hot! not the hot flash hot, just HOT! My feet were burning, my face is burning, I can't breathe right, I am HOT! I threw the covers back, and headed my nose to the window to get some air...even the air outside isn't as cold as it should be. THe storm that blasted it's way through here yesterday, came up from Hawaii...what the meteorologists call the Pineapple Express! Winds over 60 MPH and tons of rain! now it is still, not a breeze anywhere, and the air is warm. DOnna had a really good fire going all evening, and that warmed the house up, so even my bedroom was not cool. I got up chugged some cold water, grabbed a bite of pumpkin dump cake while there was still some left, and came in here to surf a little. I am really tempted to open the office window, but there is cold unsettled air due in here tomorrow, so better keep as much heat as I can in the house. (UGH) I can NOT sleep in a warm bedroom. I need the heavy covers and an open window and COLD air on my face in order to sleep well.

ANybody out there see the movie A Mighty Wind? OH GOD!! what a stupid movie!! it was so bad, we couldn't STOP watching it. THe movie just had to get better...it didn't! It was funny, but in a really bad movie way. A spoof on the New Christy Minstrials, and the Kingston Trio, and Petter Paul and Mary. Folk Singers, getting back together for a reunion years later. OH REALLY REALLY BAD!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

I have two more movies waiting in the wings. Discovered Blockbuster for the first time. So I rented 3 DVD's. This is a terrible weekend for TV so I figured it would be a good weekend for movies. Everybody else must have figured the same thing. THere was not much to choose from. I am in the mood for a really good feel goos movie, like Sleepless in Seattle or You've got mail, or miracle on 32nd st. But I wanted something I had not seen before. I have a tendency to get overwhelmed when I go in and there is a big selection to choose from. SO I headed for the new releases, and picked 3. the others are Two weeks Notice and The In-laws. Havent seen either of those, so I am looking forward to watching them tomorrow. Even PBS has a beg-a-thon on tomorrow, so no joy there either.

I sooo Miss Turner Classic movies... My CRAP FOR A CABLE COMPANY decided that they neede to take it off and put tech TV on. so now I have three channels that show robot wars, and only one that shows old movies, AMC. ARRGGHHHH I hate this cable company...I want a Dish...ANimal Planet, Food Network, TCM, Encore, NASA, all the GOOD channels. I get Crap!! Even PBS took my favorite cooking shows off the Saturday line up!!

Sadie went Bye-Bye with me again today. No Carrier, No leash. I had several stops to make, and I wanted to see what she would be like. She was such a good girl. No pee on the seats, no howling, and she was in her seat when I got to the car. Now I checked her to see if she stayed in seat. NOPE...as soon as she heard the remote click, she looked up and bounced right back into her own seat. Must be inbreed in them..."...sit in mommies seat and keep it warm, listen for the click and move over, she'll never know you kept her seat warm for her. Good deeds should be done anonymously." What a hoot. Mariah did the same thing. I have to remember to get some cookies and keep in the door pocket for her.

Right in the middle of getting dinner ready yesterday my Microwave gave out a horrid noise and died. SO today I had to go get another one. I have a scratch off card for next week, and should have waited for the discount, but this morning alone, I headed for the microwave 4 different times to reheat something, so I waited until 300 and braved the crowds at the Navy Exchange, and went in and got my new microwave. In the 9 months I have been retired, the price of microwaves has dropped significantly!! I have had a SHarp Carousel for 10 years, and wanted another one like it. I was expecting to pay at least 150.00 for it. I got the stainless steel 1350 Watt 1.2 cubic foot microwave with carousel for only 89.99!! Whoa!! good deal!! I ran into several of my old employees who wanted to know why I was in there today of all days. I explained why and they laughed. The day was lost as far as sales went, because at 900 when the store was packed with the earlybird shoppers, the lights went out in the storm. LOLOLOLOLOL I think it is hilarious!! all of the customers left their carts full of merchandise and left for the malls. Then the lights went out three more times. LOLOLOLOLOL so much for BLACK FRIDAY!! GOD!! I am sooooo glad I am retired!! I miss some aspects of it, but the crap? NOPE! THe PRESSURE? Nope! THe blame when you dont meet your sales goals? NOPE! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
I think I can sleep now....

No comments: