Sunday, November 23, 2003

Can't sleep....again

I wish I could go to bed and sleep for a full 8 hours and wake up all refreshed and ready to take on the day. Instead I go to bed around 10 or 11, and sleep really well until 230 or 3 and then I am wide awake for another 3 hours or so, then back into bed until 730 or 8. I am getting the sleep I need, but not all at once. I need to take a nap about 2 or 3 in the afternoon or I won't make it through the day. I was sleeping really well tonite, and Bandit came in and nudged the bed as he laid down beside it. So I am here trying to get back to sleep.

I have started my first attempt at writting down my 100 things. Whoa, I never knew it would be so hard to do. Try and write down things so that people who don't know you will know you after they have read your entries. I went great guns for about 35 and then slowed way down. I am up to 80 now and the well is dry!! Don't know when I will be able to get it linked to my blog though...have to find a time when Chemystery is in a good enough mood to show me with out getting all sarcastic and telling me to read the book. I am also thinking about putting on a Christmas skin, but every time I look for one, a million pop-ups stop me.

Sadie went for her first Bye-bye ride today without being in the carrier. I put her in the seat and told her to stay put, and she did!! I was amazed. I drove into town to the store, and when I started to get out she wanted to come to. I told her NO she had to stay and guard the car. She got a paniced look on her face but stayed put. Lately she has taken to howling very forlornly when I am out of her sight. I just knew she was gonna stat as I walked into the building. I got back out and she was still sitting ther looking out the window at the store right exactly as I left her. She was such a good girl. She didn't even pee in my seat like I thought she would.

Last night after I turned out my bedroom lamp I looked out at the backyard, just to see if it was snowing, and saw a shape on the feeder. It was really dark so I was not sure what it was. I waited until my eyes got accustomed to the dark, then grabbed my Binoculars and looked out. It was a barred owl just sitting there on the feeder. There must have either been a rat or a mouse there when he came down. Owls do not eat seed. He sat there for about 10 minutes just looking around, and then flew off. I was amazed at how silent his wings were. The doves make a lot of noise as they fly, and the other birds make some noise, but this owl just lifted off and did not make a sound at all.
I have not seen many owls. I hear them but they stay well hidden. Bob has one that comes down to his deck for meat scraps. I hesitate to do that because of the rats. Don't want them bringing the meat into the crawl space. and having it stink up the place.

It is now 400 and I am starting to get sleepy again, so I better take advantage of the sandman and get back to bed.
I have to start blocking Godspell tomorrow, so I can be ready when I finally get the stage. see ya...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments: