Sunday, November 16, 2003

Sunday Afternoon

Yep...It's late, really late. I slept until 1200 noon!! Got home about 130 last night after striking the set from Over the River And Through The Woods!! It was a GREAT show. I left before the set was finished though, my knee was the size of a cantelope and my back went out. So I said Enough is enough and just left.

I got home and took a HOT shower. I just let it beat down on my back and shoulders. It felt SOOOOOOOOO good. Put on my new flannel niteshirt and fixed a hot cup of cocoa and went to bed. Now when I am that tired, i can't get right to sleep. I wanted to, but my mind wouldn't let me, so I tossed and turned finally went to sleep...for 20 minutes! I was hurting so badly that I couldn't get comfortable, I got up rubbed mineral ice on my knee, and aspercreme on my shoulder and tried again. Nope. so I got up and took a pain pill. That did it. Out like a light! slept until 8 got up went to the bathroom and stumbled right back to bed. Sadie was still asleep, so I figured I needed to be also. It really wasn't as bad as it seems, since I did not get to sleep until 4AM so I only was in bed for 8 hours. (why am I making excuses? Im an adult, it is my house. ) I feel much better today, but the pain medicine makes me sick to my tummy so I try not to take it unless I really need it.

It is raining like hell out there right now, the wind has not hit yet. We had some this morning but the big wind is expected this afternoon and tonite. Sadie came in all covered with mud. GOD what a mess! I kept her in the utility room, but she was bouncing off the walls, so now I have muddy puppy prints up as far as she can reach. Her feet are so big and furry and hold that med really well. I need to mop the floors now too. I tore up my carpet when I moved back here, as my renters DESTROYED my house. I put laminate floors down and they are wonderful!!! Cold, but wonderful. They show the dust like mad, but 5 minutes with endust on a dust mop and they are clean. Or Were until Sadie!! now they need to be mopped and scrubbed too. Ah Well. easier to clean than the carpets were. LOTS easier. Cheaper too. I think Next year I will rip up the carpet in the office too, and put down laminate here also. Eventually I will have all the rooms done, and will be closer to keeping a clean house. I am not the best housekeeper though. Other things are more important to me than a perfect house. I LIVE in mine. and so do all of my animals. So if you ever decide to stop in, be forewarned!!!

No comments: