Thursday, November 20, 2003

Frosty Morning!

I came home from work yesterday with a splitting headache, an upset tummy, and aches all over the body...Took a really hot shower, fixed a mug of soup and headed for bed. My daughter came home and rubbed me down really good with Mineral Ice, and off to sleep I went. Until 900. Then I had to get up and watch West Wing. fixed a cup of blueberry tea, and back into the sack. I was sleeping so good, and about 500 am Phyllis called... NORTHERN LIGHTS UP NORTH!!! yea, like they would be down South? So I jumped out of bed and ran out to the back deck. I remembered to turn the back porch light off before I went out. Took one step out in my bare feet and started skating!! The deck was coated with a thin layer of solid ice.

I thought Dear Lord don't let me fall, and I looked up at the sky and there just over the tree tops were the Auroras!! Not green and pink like some people have seen, but white! The Lights were dancing like a curtain blowing in the wind. It was awesome!!

Now mind you, all this is going through my head as I am falling. I took the first step, started to skate, so instead of going backwards into the house, I head forward...very fast. I don't remember the actual fall, but I found myself in the middle of the deck, on my hands and knees. I tried to get up, and fell flat. So I tried to get up and my PJ's are stuck to the deck. Now if bare flesh doesn't stick to the deck, why does flannel? I am giggling. You know the kind, the "OHMIGAWD I'M ON THE DECK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NITE AND STUCK" kind of giggle?

About this time I look up and the stars were close enough to touch, and the Big Dipper was tilted so that it looked like it was pouring the Auroras out of it's cup. So beautiful. I thought, Well if I have to freeze to death I picked a beautiful time to do it. I hear an OH SHIT!!! coming from Donnas room. OOPS woke up the daughter.

What would you think if you were to wake up in the middle of the night and see your mother laying on her stomach in the middle of a frozen deck? I knew she would be scared, so I yelled, I'm OK...JUST STUCK! So she comes to the door yelling at me. IF YOURE OK WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING LAYING ON YOUR STOMACH ON A FROZEN DECK?

OK quit cussing at me and bring me something to wstand on that isnt slick. She goes back into the house, and is gone 15 minutes while I am slowly freezing solid. She finally comes back and throws a teeny tiny throw rug at me. (Now I would have grabbed a blanket off my bed which was really close, or a towel out of the dryer which was RIGHT THERE) I got my feet pryed up off the deck and put them on the rug, and stand up. Now how to get from where I am to the safe house? Donna, Please go get me another something to stand on? SO she is gone another 15 minutes and throws another teeny tiny rug at me.

Now she is pissed!! WHY IN THE FUCK WERE YOU OUT THERE MOM!!! YOU'RE SICK!!! DOESN'T "I FEEL AWFUL" SOUND REMOTELY FAMILIAR TO YOU? No sense of humor that kid...

I get in to the house, and tell her Im ok, And that Phyllis had called to tell me the Northern Lights were out. She just does not get it...she is ranting at me...I tell her to go back to sleep and I call Phyllis.

No Answer...OH LORDY I HOPE SHE DIDN'T FALL TOO!!! She did. Last time she did that she knocked herself out. So I finally get her on the phone, and ask her to come take me to the hospital and all she did was laugh. SOme family!! THe daughter cusses at me and the sister laughs!! No respect!! None at all!! And to top it all off, the Auroras weren't even colored!! (Sniff)

You all probably think I am totally wacked, but it is the little things in life that give me joy. THe Auroras, The stars twinkling brightly and so loudly that you can hear them! THe patterns of ice on a frozen deck as your nose is stuck to it...

Gotta love it. The knees are killing me right now though. "Was it all worth it?" Donna Screamed at me...YEP It was. I might not have another chance to see them...the world may stop at any moment and I want to be able to say, I saw them one last time...

No comments: