Friday, November 28, 2003

BURP!!!!!

AHHHHH That felt good. I laid down for a nap right after everybody left tonight and woke up at midnight BURPING...
I ran out of this medicine the Dr gave me to try. He wanted to see if acid reflux was causing my bronchial infections and cough. it was called Aciphex and man was that stuff GREAT!! It stopped the heart burn, and dit seems to have helped my coughing spasms some. Mostly I found that I could drink a glass of milk before bed and not wake up looking like the Macy's Balloons!! I would bloat up terribly.

We tonight I woke up burping....just huge amounts of gas, and deflating..burp, AHHHH Burp AHHHHHHHHH Burp AHHHHHH BURP!!!! Once I stood up and stretched, I burped really loud and felt a lot better. Guess I had better see if the Insurance Company will pay for that drug, cause it is good stuff. If not, I'll not go through life Burping...

Chemystery actually stayed here for the weekend. Her towdude husband said that he would be busy towing cars out of ditches on the pass all weekend, so she would be by herself. He also did not want her driving over the top in the three feet of snow that they got on Wednesday. THe pass was a mess, cars everywhere, and they interviewed one poor bastard who said he had never heard of tire chains before, and had no idea he was going through a pass.

DUH HELLO!!!! Mountains....Snow.....ice....you are heading for the ocean....hmmmmm must be a pass around here somewhere. How far back in a cave has this guy been living? when you go UP a mountain, you gotta come DOWN a mountain to get to the water...I just don't understand DUMB!! Hey Buddy!!! Here's your sign!!...

Anyway...what I was going to say before I started ranting was Donna was actually Home for Thanksgiving. I think that is the first time in almost 10 years she has been home for ANY holiday. When I was growing up the only Family we lived around was the immediate mom dad brother sister. No Cousins, no Gramma, nobody. i always wanted a big extended family to come back to my house for the holidays. All gathering at the big huge table and being together to tell what our lives had been like since the last time we saw each other. DIdn't happen. My kids grew up and bolted out the door never to look back. I still have big gatherings, but it is still brother sister bob. No kids. Today everybody but Tim was home. Scotty came down for dinner, DOnna was home, Phyllis was here, better but still not well, and Mike and sherry were here too. Naturally Bob was, he bought the Turkey.

I was sooo GLad Donna was here! I think I told her about ten times today how glad I was that she stayed here. I don't think she understood the meaning of that. I don't think she realizes that my world lit up when I first saw her tiny little face, and as independent as she is and always has been, that she is my life. We have been through so damn much together, Birth, Divorce, remarriage, death, and I always want my children by my side. (or at least close enough that I know they are safe and warm) She doesn't understand. She thinks that when I say Drive Safe, and What time are you coming home, that I am being intrusive into her freedom. That isnt it at all. It is so that I will be able to rest my mind knowing that I have children that are safe. She really laid into me the other night because I was upset that she didnt call and let me know that she was going to be late. There was Ice all over the roadway, and I was worried. "You worry too much Mom, the roads were fine! CHILL OUT!" She just doesn't realize that when you are a mother, you can't chill out until all of your chicks are tucked under your (or somebody else's) wing and are sleeping safely. No matter how old you get.

When My Mother was still alive, she always would say "Drive safe" The one time she did not was the night that we got into a bad accident and I was thrown from the car and down a steep cliff. No one died, and we were all too drunk to get seriously hurt. (young, 20!) So from that day forward we always said "Bye Mom!" and she always said "drive safe" and if she didnt we would just repeat it again and again until she remembered to say "drive safe!" We always called when we got home, and we always told her when we were going to be late. We just knew that was the right thing to do. Overkill? Maybe, but she could relax, and we had our lucky Talisman even if it was only verbal.

Tim at least did send me an E-card. that is the first contact with him since he got out of jail and I took him to the ferry landing to catch the ferry back to Orcas Island. Men are such asses. Prolly wont hear from him again until my birthday in January. He always calls collect then. Hey it's contact.

It is now 230 am and I am still wide eyed...Maybe I should go read awile. All of my blogger friends are gone for the weekend or have not posted, so nothing new to read. (yeah I know SOME of you posted.) I have a new book that is kinda cute. It is the Tea room Mysterys...English Breakfast club murder. Mind candy, but fun. I have read all of the Goldy Bear Catering Mysteries, so thought I might like these too. maybe. I went all through J.A. Jances murders too, love her, love JP BEaumont and Joanna Brady. (her hero/heroine) Maybe it was the TUrkey sandwich I just ate, or the Pumplin dump cake, but I am wired right now...not sleepy feel like I am yammering on and on,(you ARE MARY LOU)so I had better shut this off and go to bed. Big storm predicted to hit us in the morning. 60 MPH winds again. yay!

Burp!!!! ahhhhhh all better now...

No comments: