Sunday, November 09, 2003

Playing Catch-up!

I decided that since I did not have to go in to the playhouse tonite, I would do absolutely NOTHING. And I did. It felt good. I rested, with my knee up, and nibbled all day. Ate popcorn with Butter, drank diet pepsi with crushed ice, and several slices of cheese. Donna yelled in that dinner was ready if I wanted it. OK. She tells me as I come in, "now don't turn your nose up until you taste it. (OH Brother NOW WHAT?) She was born into the wrong generation. She should be or WOULD have been a perfect flower child. Ms. GREEN, Ms HERBS, MS WEIRD FOOD. She once served me Lentils with dates and pepers and onions. (GAK) So I'm thinking it has to be some thing really strange. It smelled good, so I tasted it. It was chicken breast cut into pieces and mixed with spaghetti, peas and PEANUT BUTTER!!! I don't think in my entire life I have had spaghetti and peanut butter. peanut butter and dill pickles sandwiches yes, but spaghetti and peanut butter and CHICKEN? nope...actually did not taste too bad, lots of protein, I guess.

We had our first read through yesterday with almost all of the cast. No Jesus yet. I have someone in mind, but he cant be here until Dec 1, and that is a whole month of missed rehearsals. Not too sure about this. I still have it running on the radio, that I need a male singer/actor for the part. All the rest of the cast is excited and ready to start singing. THe first two weeks will be spent on the music, then I get them for blocking, and lines. IT is starting to fall into place. I feel really good about the people I did cast too. Troupers all of them.

SAdie is starting to become a real dog. Her little nose is filling out, and her baby teeth are coming loose, and she sticks like a dog!! She learned how to sing yesterday. I was making some howling noises, you know, just throwing my head back and howling real primal like, (don't YOU?) and she ran under the desk, but her front paws on my knees and threw her head back and howled, and howled and howled. I laughed and howled some more, and she did too. SO we spent about 5 minutes singing. Loki came running in to see if I was ok, jumped on the computer desk and licked my arm. I had to stop, I didn't want to scare my babies.

I could not sleep last night, I hurt all over, My back was hurting and popping, my knee was aching and my shoulder hurt. My feet were burning, and I felt like every nerve was exposed. I threw the covers off, but that didn't help, so I got out the aspercreme and mineral ice and slathered them both on me where I could reach. THen I remembered the pain killers the Dr gave me for my knee. I popped one, read a little and slept like a log until 930 this morning.

I want so badly to take a long hot soaky bath with salts and foo-foo juice. I could get in there, but I couldn't get out, so I don't. Long hot showers just aren't the same. I need to try and fix the top of this blog. I can't seem to find the place to put the top pictures so they are UNDER the blogger ad. Try and try again...

No comments: